The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Hey,

I write with the same problem as last year

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/7709-off-topic/page__st__160__p__150990#entry150990

Couldn't solve it... So, I have a great favour to ask of all ppl in the forum who live in the UK. Could any of you send me one? I'd of course cover all the costs (paypal, bank transfer or cash on delivery).

Hey,

I write with the same problem as last year

http://forum.talkche...990#entry150990

Couldn't solve it... So, I have a great favour to ask of all ppl in the forum who live in the UK. Could any of you send me one? I'd of course cover all the costs (paypal, bank transfer or cash on delivery).

Hello, you would be able to get them off eBay.

Good on that guy.

The poppy appeal is a very good cause & it's a good symbol to show we're thankful to the efforts of those soldiers & anyone who helped in the war & lost their lives or loved ones. Sometimes I think it's a bit of a forgotten cause in this country, I went into my college & notices there isn't even a poppy selling box-thing.

I will be doing an assembly on it next week if this doesn't change.

Hello, you would be able to get them off eBay.

Hey, thanks for help. I have already got a lapel pin for a suit, now I'm looking for a paper one to have it on my coat.

Good on that guy.

The poppy appeal is a very good cause & it's a good symbol to show we're thankful to the efforts of those soldiers & anyone who helped in the war & lost their lives or loved ones. Sometimes I think it's a bit of a forgotten cause in this country, I went into my college & notices there isn't even a poppy selling box-thing.

I will be doing an assembly on it next week if this doesn't change.

Unfortunately, we have no such kind of tradition in Poland. That's why I'd like to show respect to OUR fallen soldiers (who many times were also your soldiers- like my great grandpa), no matter where does the tradition originate from.

Yes, I agree with you, our soldiers all fought for the same cause. As a military historian I appreciate the fact that the eastern front may well have been utterly surrendered without the contribution of the Armia Krajowa.

For people who aren't aware of the Polish heroism of World War Two, this article on Wikipedia gives a very brief overview of their incredible resistance. Remember the Poles faced the full brunt of a co-ordinated attack through Germany, Slovakia but also Soviet Russia as part of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact. The Polish armies never stood a chance, but their heroism in the final onslaught on Berlin is one of the most famous sacrifices in military history.

Long live the glorious dead.