The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

What's this about Milan signing Hamsik?, I don't want Napoli to become a selling club, not everyone can do a Udinese and get away with it.

Lavezzi isn't a big loss due to the Vargas acquisition.

Indeed, it would be a shame if Napoli's rise to the top from Serie C plateau's or declines as a result of selling off players.

What's this about Milan signing Hamsik?, I don't want Napoli to become a selling club, not everyone can do a Udinese and get away with it.

Lavezzi isn't a big loss due to the Vargas acquisition.

Mate, Hamsik will remain for life in Naples, it was a fake to twitter, I was worried, but it was just a fake .. Captain future :) I hope that Vargas is really good.. but however we have Lorenzo Insigne.. a little talent :D

I was just having a random think there - In the 40's & 50's, what would Mafia bosses have eaten?

Obviously they'd have stuff like steak & lobster, but what else?

I was just having a random think there - In the 40's & 50's, what would Mafia bosses have eaten?

Obviously they'd have stuff like steak & lobster, but what else?

Because they're all Italian they would've eaten Spaghetti Bolognesse and Pizza. Nothing more, nothing less.

It will be a 6 month, 9 month or 12 month period, but there will be weekend holidays usually every second or third weekend.

And that's 6 months-1 year of your life taken away by force, just to prepare you to kill other people on behalf of the overpaid cowardly corrupt politicians and bankers. Militaries abandoned all over the world = no more wars, noone for governments to hide behind.

It will be a 6 month, 9 month or 12 month period, but there will be weekend holidays usually every second or third weekend.

Have fun! "Luckily" my knee is a bit fucked up and I don't have to go. :P

Also, why does Finland need to conscript its citizens? It's hardly a warlike country/a target for invasion. I suppose the authorities still think the USSR will reform and re invade Finland :P

Because the people in charge here are such pussies and they don't want to offend the war heroes who fought in the Winter War seventy years ago. Nowadays it's more of a tradition rather than a necessity that all men serve in the military and when the people who decide these things have gone through it themselves when they were young they tend to think it's necessary for everyone else too. It may have been crucial when the Soviet Union was still around to threaten us but in the 21st century it is in reality nothing more than a huge waste of money to spend billions of euros every year from the tax payers' pockets to maintain something so insignificant because we all know no one is going to attack Finland. There are no valuable national resources here and our people are not really in conflict with anyone so who's going to invade our lands? It's ridiculous that we spend that much money on it and still all the equipment is ancient and there are always budget cuts which make the whole thing a bit pointless if you ask me. And if someone really wanted to attack us then we would be forced to surrender within hours because everyone else have so much more sophisticated hardware and more manpower than us and FFS it's not the 40s anymore when you won wars just with the power of will even though the enemy had more men and better weapons. Sweden still had compulsory military service a couple years back and they've given up on it now and I believe it's only a matter of time when this happens in Finland too because our government can't seem to be able to make their own minds up and we always follow the Swedes in everything with only a slight delay. :lol:

In other news, I just moved to a new apartment in another city and I'll be beginning my studies here in a month or so. The apartment seems nice but I managed to hurt my wrist badly during the relocation and gonna have to go see a doctor tomorrow.

Right, fuck the army and fuck the training.

I hate people who try to make their way out of it. Peace and stuff is all great until some stupid country decides to invade you and kill people around, then you wish you knew how to use a fucking gun.