Ancelotti plans on more signings for Chelsea

Don't you remember that Bosingwa is soon coming back? We have Alex, Terry, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Ferreiera, Bruma, Mancienne, Cole, Zhirkov and also Essien and Malouda if needed. How much defenders do you want?

let's say only two players are injured let's say alex as he is an injury prone and terry .... our defence most likely will be

bosingwa ivanovic bruma a.cole

if bos or iva or bruma get injured who will replace them ?? and that actually might be happening in UCL fixture

also tbh i don't think terry and alex makes the best partnership , i know a lot of people will disagree but i think we should get david luiz , he is very expensive but he is so not overrated , he is actually a better version of pique or thiago silva and that is exactly what we need pacy , solid and well composed center back will be the best tp partner terry .

it is not a must and it will cost us a lot but it will pay in the future because right now without terry our defence is average but with this guy even without terry we will have super defensive power.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's say only two players are injured let's say alex as he is an injury prone and terry .... our defence most likely will be

bosingwa ivanovic bruma a.cole

if bos or iva or bruma get injured who will replace them ?? and that actually might be happening in UCL fixture

also tbh i don't think terry and alex makes the best partnership , i know a lot of people will disagree but i think we should get david luiz , he is very expensive but he is so not overrated , he is actually a better version of pique or thiago silva and that is exactly what we need pacy , solid and well composed center back will be the best tp partner terry .

it is not a must and it will cost us a lot but it will pay in the future because right now without terry our defence is average but with this guy even without terry we will have super defensive power.

Ferreira, Essien?

also tbh i don't think terry and alex makes the best partnership

Alex is great. And we have Bruma, great CB talent.

I really don't know why many fans just want to see us signing so many players. If we sign Luiz, he will probably not be happy with position on the bench and also Alex needs to play more.

Don't you remember that Bosingwa is soon coming back? We have Alex, Terry, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Ferreiera, Bruma, Mancienne, Cole, Zhirkov and also Essien and Malouda if needed. How much defenders do you want?

spot on! Good to hear that someone else is waiting for the return of Bosingwa, rather than thinking about who else we can buy who we don't need!

i am giving a look for the future and within 3 years alex and terry will be very old 33 and 34 i think , luiz is only 23 and already have bags of experience .

i know bruma is a very good prospect and i didn't say alex is not good i am just saying luiz will give us something we don't have the pacy , wise defender , carvahlo used to do that role.

That's well and good, but it's obvious that Benfica are not prepared to sell him this season atleast. They've slapped that crazy 40 mil or whatever price tag on him for a reason, and that is to tell clubs that he isn't for sale. In any case, our days of paying over the odds for players are over. In all probability Citeh will pay crazy money to get him next season.

i am giving a look for the future and within 3 years alex and terry will be very old 33 and 34 i think , luiz is only 23 and already have bags of experience .

i know bruma is a very good prospect and i didn't say alex is not good i am just saying luiz will give us something we don't have the pacy , wise defender , carvahlo used to do that role.

Alex is 28..JT is 29...(Branislav is 26 btw) they aren`t gonna be " very old" " "within 3 years"...pace has never been what they rely upon to get the job done,so they will more than likely be the same players they are now in 3 years.

if we need an injection of pace at CB we have Bruma is no slug..neither is Branislav...Luiz ain`t coming for the price they are demanding for him,no way!

This should sum it up for you:

Defensive cover

Left-backs - Cole, Zhirkov, van Aanholt, Ferreira, Bosingwa (Malouda if necessary)

Right-backs - Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Mancienne, Bruma (Essien if necessary)

Centre-backs - Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Bruma, Mancienne (Essien if necessary)

What's to worry about?

[]First-choice defensive line-up:

Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Cole

If Bosingwa is out, bring in Ivanovic of Ferreira

If Alex is out, bring in Ivanovic

If Terry is out, bring in Ivanovic

If Cole is out, bring in Zhirkov

If, say, Alex, Cole AND Bosingwa are out, play Ferreira at right-back and Ivanovic in the middle with Yuri on the left:

Ferreira, Ivanovic, Terry, Zhirkov

The chances of all four being injured are nominal, but even so if you put Bruma alongside Ivanovic that is a defence that would be first choice at a club such as Sunderland!

The thing i worry about is the mobility of alex, he is very slow at turning and against a striker like david villa or samuel eto'o he will be burned. Ivo worries me too, he is quick but his agility is poor also, bruma has good agility though.

Essien, Ramires, Mikel - that's enough. We won't ever have the situation with all three injured, that's simply too unlikely. Plus if it occurs, we have Ferreira or Ivanovic who can both do the job fine.

What we need, is a young striker (but more like next year) - our squad is just fine, would've been better with Matic but oh well he wouldn't have played that much anyway.

Edit: Sorry, I read central defensive midfield... my bad carloeyebrow.jpeg

We have four players in central defence - JT, Alex, Brane and Bruma. Again, it won't ever occur to have three of them injured. We will only need Bruma if JT/Alex/Ivanovic are all injured, or if JT/Alex/Bosingwa/Ferreira are all injured - both is fucking improbable.

If we are to challenge for all 4 rotation will be necessary and we are a few injuries/suspensions away from being in trouble.Squad depth has been our strong point in the last years and we are just not comfortable with the current squad.

Either our youth or our meds will have to outdo themselves this year.

Edited by Kostas

now mancienne is gone so it's actually just 4 CBs at the club including (17 years old bruma ).

i don't trust ferrera at all now and i don't wanna lose our horsepower essien in midfeild just as kostas said

one other thing is tbh i like alex and iva very much but alex is not one of the best defenders out there specially if playing without terry ... and iva i see him more as a perfect RB not CB