Ancelotti plans on more signings for Chelsea

Carlo Ancelotti has revealed he will look to complete two more signings before the close of the transfer window as Chelsea close in on the signing of Benfica midfielder Ramires.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reined in his spending in recent times but, with Michael Ballack, Joe Cole and Juliano Belletti all leaving the club on free transfers this summer, Ancelotti feels replacements for all three are a necessity.

"We are not in any hurry," he told Sportske Novosti. "We have the whole of August to complete deals. The strategy of the club is clear. Compared to last season, we have lost Belletti, Ballack and Joe Cole, so we will add three players in these positions. So far, we've brought in [Yossi] Benayoun from Liverpool."

With the departure of right-back Belletti, Chelsea have been linked with a move for Shakthar Donetsk and Croatia defender Darijo Srna, 28, to fill the gap.

Asked if Srna was among his targets, Ancelotti said: "I understand your curiosity as a journalist, but I must stress that I cannot give you the names of players Chelsea are interested in signing."

Asked if he wished Sportske Novosti to issue a denial that Chelsea want Srna, he said: "No - I don't want to deny that we are tracking an interesting player."

Benayoun, meanwhile, has said he is working his way back to fitness ahead of the Community Shield against Manchester United on Sunday after suffering a slight injury.

"I trained with the first team for the first few days then I injured my groin and rested for a week," he told Sky Sports News. "I came back only a few days ago and I'm sure I'll be fit in a few days.

"I'm enjoying every day and getting closer to everyone. Hopefully I'll be here a long time and be successful. I can only say I will work hard as I did at Liverpool and do my best to prove I deserve to be here."

------------------------------------------------------

Source:- Soccernet

------------------------------------------------------

AGUERO/NEYMAR PLEASE!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone be thinking we need a right back??? :ballack: we don't!

we are perfectly covered in that position!! Bos and Ivanovic are perfect playing there, and Hutchinson is waiting in the wings. We need a young striker, not a right back!!!

If we was to go for a defender, I'd want to see us get David Luiz but he's just too expensive. Neymar or Aguero, or no more signings for me.

Edited by CJ Revo

Looking at our pre-season games I myself would be a lot happier if we were to look at our back up options in the goalkeeping department.

Cech has not exactly been injury free for the last few seasons, we never seem to have adequate cover when he is missing.

Like many of you, I'll be happy if we get Aguero and/or Neymar.

And it would be a great thing if we sign Lukaku... But it seems that it's impossible for this year. His club claimed that he would go nowhere until he has 18. And if we get him next year it will be better for Chelsea and him, cause at Anderlech he gonna certainly play every games and get more experience.

And obviously, we need a good second goalkeeper. Cause Hillario and Turnbull are two shit !

I think the possibility of players coming are the following; neymar (unlikely), luiz (probably one he was talking about), srna (not likely), aguero (100% not this summer), ozil (could happen).

Disagree, I think Neymar is more than likely. Reckon we'll put another bid in for him after Santos' cup final tomorrow.

i dont think we need a new forward that bad. we have 4 that are good and borini coming thru. but i would like to see lukaku next summer as anelka and Drogba will be digressing by most likely. but idk if we need one this season. also, i said we would prolly get a RB cause belleti left and carlo said we would get players in the positions left.

also, i think ivanovic is better at CB and if we get rid of carvalho then ivanovic might play there is alex is injured. bosingwa i think fits our system better cause i think he is better getting forward.

I don't think we need a new RB even if Carvalho goes ... there is Bosingwa and Ivanovič who will probably play more at CB but If Bsingwa gets injured and Ivanovič has to play at CB we still have Mancienne, Hutchinson and if necessary Bruma or Essien. But if we had to buy a back up defender I definitely wouldn't buy David Luiz (40mil €) or Dario Srna (20-25mil €) or someone expensive but I would rather go for a guy like Micah Richards. We wouldn't complain much if he is on bench and he could come in cheap and he is also English which always welcome.

For the two signings I expect Ramires and one attacking midfielder or winger like Neymar, Özil, VDV or maybe even Aguero.