Ancelotti plans on more signings for Chelsea

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at our pre-season games I myself would be a lot happier if we were to look at our back up options in the goalkeeping department.

Fair point! We should at least invest in a goalkeeper because Hilario and Turnbull just aren't good enough to challenge Petr Cech... I would say, at least spend £6 million on a decent keeper to rival Cech for first choice.

Hell we spent £9 million on Cech some 6 years ago, and look how big he's become?

Edited by CJ Revo

whilst i don`t think we will sign a RB it`s a valid enough suggestion ...

Ivanovic is a CB who did a great job at RB when we needed him there..he still is much better suited to play CB tho...and Carlo said as much on Chelsea Tv when interviewed after the end of the season.

Hutchinson,tho originally a CB..i like him more as a RB as it seems Carlo does..but he has on-going health issues that may never totally be fixed and at this point it looks very unlikely that he will ever play a full season without missing many games during it.

then theres Bos...hasn`t played a game in nearly 10 months..entering the last year of his contract and maybe the medical people know something that we don`t know yet about how the nasty injury he has had will impact his long term career..i love Bos..but maybe due to health reasons he won`t be offered a new contract.

when you consider all that..next year we could be facing a problem at the RB position. or we could not..i`d be suprised if we did sign a RB but not shocked..and if it was by signing someone like Srna..then i wouldn`t presume that he was being signed to play FB..but be a right footed version of Zhirkov.

tho by taking what Carlo was quoted on about 3 players that have left will need replacing..i don`t think he meant by carbon copies of those players...i`d rule out Belletti being replaced by a new signing..we have plenty of those kind of players..(somebody who can play FB and DM when really needed..e.g Mancienne,Cork,etc) minus the killer shot.

i think what he was supposed to have said is being taken too literally..first by the media outlet who made that report and in some cases some of you guys on here.

Edited by BlueDrew

Buying a RB would make no sense. With Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Hutchinson, Ferreira and Mancienne we have more than enough options for that position.

Don't see why Ivanovic should be moved back to his original CB role. He and Maicon were the RB's last season if you ask me, so why change a good thing.

Ancelotti said he would like to sign two more players. With the upcoming arrival of Ramires (Ballack's replacement), that leaves us with one more signing. Really really it's a AM/playmaker. Ancelotti had great playmakers like Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa and Kaka (not a pure playmaker but his through balls were deadly) under his wings at Milan. Surprised he hasn't mentioned wanting to sign one and suprised we're hardly being linked with that type of player. Hoping for the best.

Like everyone else I dont know why we need another right back with Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Hutchinson, Ferreira and Bruma all adept at playing that position.

I genuinely think the key signing this Summer will be Ramires, I rate him very highly and he will solve the massive midfield problem we had last season.

If I were to take a wild swing in the dark as to who this mystery third signing is I will go with Neymar as it seems he is the only other player we have bid for.

But if we had to buy a back up defender I definitely wouldn't buy David Luiz (40mil €) or Dario Srna (20-25mil €) or someone expensive but I would rather go for a guy like Micah Richards. We wouldn't complain much if he is on bench and he could come in cheap and he is also English which always welcome.

I have the same point of view that you.

To my mind, Richards is the perfect candidate for our defense. He seems to have a great talent and a big potential, he's young and he's an englishman. Futhermore he don't seems to be expensive

About the RB : Alex won't be in injured all the coming year... So in the case that Carvalho leave us, Ivanovic will be placed as a CB at a maximum of 2 months... And I guess our youngsters like Mancienne, Brume, Hutchison are able to do the job...

Richards, as an Englishman, would be welcomed at this club - a perfect replacement for Carvalho and an adept substitute for Bosingwa.

Personally, however, I am happy with our defensive options.

Bosingwa - Terry - Ivanovic - Cole

• Should Bosingwa be injured, Ivanovic can move to right back and Alex come into the centre.
  • Should Terry or Ivanovic be injured, Alex can deputise.
  • Should Cole be injured, we have Zhirkov.
  • Plus we have the likes of Ferreira, van Aanholt, Bruma, Mancienne and Hutchinson who can cover various positions, plus Carvalho if he stays.

Richards would be a great signing, he's a great defender and very strong. He's not as quick anymore because he's added a lot more muscle in the last few season, but still a very handy CB. I don't think Manchester City would want to sell though, he's one of their homegrown plus he's English. City are lacking in a few of those.

I have the same point of view that you.

To my mind, Richards is the perfect candidate for our defense. He seems to have a great talent and a big potential, he's young and he's an englishman. Futhermore he don't seems to be expensive

About the RB : Alex won't be in injured all the coming year... So in the case that Carvalho leave us, Ivanovic will be placed as a CB at a maximum of 2 months... And I guess our youngsters like Mancienne, Brume, Hutchison are able to do the job...

yeah micah richards is another black quality talent.. could be another perfect black chelsea london signing!!

Edited by Tommy10

No need to make any defensive signings at all, we are well covered there!!!

I think all we need to do is bring in a young attacker, would love it to have been Aguero but i think Neymar might be the one we go for and would be a quality signing. Basically a player who can play across the front line.

Seeing as we don't have any slots for foreigners any new transfer will either be under 21 or a "homegrown" player,that is unless we release/sell someone apart from Deco.

Lukaku or Aguero would be a dream come true but I can't see it happening.

Edited by Kostas