The next Drogba

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturridge and Kalou are nothing like Drogba, they're both quicker but not as tall and strong. Lukaku however has the size and the strength to be a lot like him as a footballer.

Edited by Joe Cool

Closest we could get ATM is Lukaku and it would appear that some point in the future he will be a Chelsea player i am sure. But that isn't to say that Sturridge cannot be top top class for us. Given more playing time this season i think Sturridge can come along lots and be an important player for us.

There's only one Didier Drogba. I'm not saying that purely on sentiment. But you look at his qualities; strength, finesse, stamina, desire, composure et al. And then on top of it all, he genuinely loves the club and the fans, the coach and his team-mates. Find me another player like him, I say.

There's only one Didier Drogba. I'm not saying that purely on sentiment. But you look at his qualities; strength, finesse, stamina, desire, composure et al. And then on top of it all, he genuinely loves the club and the fans, the coach and his team-mates. Find me another player like him, I say.

Absolutely, like Frank i think that Didier you do not replace. You just learn to play without him. Although Lukaku with similar qualities (time will tell how far those qualities can go) and an apparant love for Chelsea we might just be lucky enough to get bloody close to Didier.

If I had to compare some players to Drogba (to his style and not quality because he is the best in the business) I would say Romelu Lukaku, Bafetimbi Gomis, Seydou Doumbia, Brandao. Bu7t I think only one guy "deserves" the name New Drogba ana that is Romelu Lukaku thumbsup.gif

Kalou is more like Anelka, pacy, skilful and a good finisher. Give him time and he could be just as good. I sometimes think people dont give Kalou enough credit tbh, in this forum in particular

He won't be a chelsea player in a few years time.

Once neymar comes in and the likes of kakuta, borini & sturridge all make names for themselves he's out.

Not good enough for a top 4 team, nevermind the champions.

Edited by Terminator X

He won't be a chelsea player in a few years time.

Once neymar comes in and the likes of kakuta, borini & sturridge all make names for themselves he's out.

Not good enough for a top 4 team, nevermind the champions.

Your kidding arn't you? Kalou is still a very young bloke and he deserve's some credit for what he has done in the past... I'll never forget his cross to Riise in the Champions league Semi...

Your kidding arn't you? Kalou is still a very young bloke and he deserve's some credit for what he has done in the past... I'll never forget his cross to Riise in the Champions league Semi...

well of course you can rate a players quality from the occasional decent cross, but overall he's not good enough for a club like chelsea.