Gregory van der Wiel

Mind you, Gareth Bale left him for dead at times last night!

All Bale did was go faster down the wing than him. One-on-one he isn't that great again defenders, not to mention he's started diving now (just ask Xabi Alonso)

£40million, Harry? You must be mad.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Still top in my list a long with Sanchez and creative midfield.

Should sell Bosingwa and get this guy in the summer.

Still top in my list a long with Sanchez and creative midfield.

Should sell Bosingwa and get this guy in the summer.

What about Ivanovic as our regular right back, then we would have 3 CBs, and Bosingwa as a back-up for Ivanovic?

Or that young Brazilian Wallace, who we partially own.

Guest justin_3d

What about Ivanovic as our regular right back, then we would have 3 CBs, and Bosingwa as a back-up for Ivanovic?

Or that young Brazilian Wallace, who we partially own.

I think Bosingwa will be sold. Ivan is good defender, but he is better as CB then RB. We need some explosiveness on that downside, and Van der Wiel makes sense. It is why if we sell Bosingwa he should be our top priority along with Sanchez and a creative player.

I think Bosingwa will be sold. Ivan is good defender, but he is better as CB then RB. We need some explosiveness on that downside, and Van der Wiel makes sense. It is why if we sell Bosingwa he should be our top priority along with Sanchez and a creative player.

Tbf I don't know anything about van der Weil.

Ivanovic was good last season and I like the idea of one attacking fullback and other much defensive one.That would even allow Luiz to go forward.

Guest justin_3d

Tbf I don't know anything about van der Weil.

Ivanovic was good last season and I like the idea of one attacking fullback and other much defensive one.That would even allow Luiz to go forward.

Well here is the thing. If we sell Bosingwa, and Paulo goes, we are left with Ivan who is not a RB to begin with.

I don't think that's a risk we want to take.

Ivan is good defender, but he was not as good as Bosingwa when he was at his peak. Now we have to look elsewhere, and i don't see a better option then Van der Wiel.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest justin_3d

Overrated and out-of-form.

Paulo Ferreira's a better option at this moment in time...

Just like some people say the same thing about Torres?

Even then we all know he is a good buy, just like this guy will be.

Guest justin_3d

Touché, but with van der Wiel, he isn't world class. Unlike Torres.

As right backs go, we could do a lot worse, but I'd rather see Todd Kane be given a chance there.

That is a risk we have to take. Same as when we bought Bosingwa, Ivan, and such.

Guest justin_3d

If he cost us 5milion ok.We have Paulo,Bosingwa and Ivanovic.These 3 players are better than van der Wiel.

Ivan is not a RB. He is a good defender, but he is not an explosive RB. We need one.

If Bosingwa is sold, then we will get Van Der Wiel. Otherwise it's a waste getting Van der Wiel with Paulo and Bosingwa.

Rather have Contrao and maybe we could strike another deal with Benfica.

I have to say that I do think we need a right back, Paolo is getting old and Bosingwa hasn't really made the grade since his injury.

Ivanovic can't attack and we need a player who can take advantage of the freedom our right back is given and whip good balls in regularly with them all focusing on Ashley.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You