Training Day

Well its the first time I've ever known them to charge -dont know if this is any way linked to We Hate Scouses thread -but seems a bit penny pinching to me. Even Kenyon had the sense to let us in for free....

http://transparentsport.com/cfcuk/story.php?id=101836

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its the first time I've ever known them to charge -dont know if this is any way linked to We Hate Scouses thread -but seems a bit penny pinching to me. Even Kenyon had the sense to let us in for free....

http://transparentsp...y.php?id=101836

Itssssssssssssssssssss onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a facking 5fiver u mag !

Itssssssssssssssssssss onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a facking 5fiver u mag !

It might only be a fiver to you BB what with your fancy restaurant n all -but thats bread n dripping for a month round our way....

That's hardly fair. This is meant to be a day for the fans. Its hard enough that prices for tickets have already gone up. Now they are making the fans pay to get into an event in which they hold once a year. They will make enough money off merchandise and food let alone entry.

Disagree. Its not on.

Trying to bring in cost effectiveness when the club are happy to throw away tens of millions in settlements to coaches because they dont like the way they play, or hundreds of thousands in wages each week. Massive salaries to 'executives' who in reality are ones mans puppets. Football is fucked, sold to Murdoch -and what happens when this current generation of middle aged season ticket holders are gone ? -I dont see any young working class legions of replacements, they even took away the student season ticket discount.

True its not extortionate, but its the principle, and yet again they forget that without the fans they'd be nothing....

• 2 weeks later...

TRAINING: IT’S A FULL HOUSE

Posted on: Mon 26 Jul 2010 The holidays are now officially over for the players. Monday was the day for the final group of World Cup participants to return.

Heading in for their first morning of work of the new season were the English trio of Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and John Terry, and Portuguese pair Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira. Deco flew in and returned to Cobham in the afternoon.

All were eliminated at the first knockout round in South Africa.

Like for their club colleagues before them, first up were the physiological tests to determine what shape the lads are in for their return, followed by a six-minute 'yoyo' run, backwards and forwards at a consistent speed, much like the infamous 'bleep tests', which helps give an accurate gauge of how hard the individual is having to work.

Joining the new arrivals for this exercise was Jose Boswinga, able to complete it as he works towards full fitness following knee surgery.

Following a period of recovery in the middle of the day, it was time for today's returnees to reunite with a football as following their tailored warm-up, they were handed back to Carlo Ancelotti for a full training session with the rest of the squad which still contains many of the young players who contested the opening two pre-season friendlies.

Soon the likes of Terry and Carvalho were spreading long passes out wide as players swept up the field together in countering-attacking groups, followed by two sides playing a possession game in a small area to sharpen technique.

All the injury-free players will now train throughout the week ahead of the two-game visit to Germany.

yeh the Lads is back! :D 

I honestly think this is an insult to the fans. It's good enough that they make money for merchandise and food, now they're charging to actually attend??

Whether we have to pay or not, I will still go to it, but I wonder to myself if it will be worth it. Whether or not it will be worth £5 just for the players to come up to the touchlines and sign shirts, tickets, footballs etc. Last year they didn't do that, and everyone was really disappointed.

I don't think charging fans to get in is going to make things better, it'll make it worse, and the turnout will be a lot less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has the Training Day happened yet as I haven't seen anything on the official website about it? If I remember rightly last year it was something like the 24th August or thereabouts.