Is Anyone Actually Concerned About Man City's Spending?

It seems everday a new player is linked to Man City (for obvious reasons), but it has never really bothered me because to be honest they have never really brought in a truely world class player now have they? i read somewhere yesterday that Chelsea (the insanely massive spenders that we are) have only ever made four signings above £20 million. A surprising fact when to think of all the complaining the other sides do, when in all likelyhood they have spend more on their players! But back to City, of the three they have signed so far, Toure, Silva and Boateng, for this season, they have paid over £20mil for each of them and im not sure any are worth near that amount? Is Toure better than Essien who cost us the same? I dont think so, is Silva a better player than Malouda who we paid half for? How about Boateng or Lescott, better than Alex or Ivanovic? Nope! so basically they are paying seriously over the top for good, but not excellent players. Now lets talk about their wages, Toure on apparently £200k per week, thats a lot of cheese if you ask me...in fact a lot more than lampard or Terry earn yet is he anywhere near as good? Hell no is the answer. Now if they do manage to get into the champions league, which is only a matter of time, have they no idea about te financial laws coming into place? People thought we had problems with our wage bill, imagine theirs? i just cannot see how currently they can ever possibly breakeven? And that being the case they will not be allowed to play in the champions league and then we can laugh at them, and their average, overrated players, overpaid players, again!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

concerned about citeh? NO but worried about our own signings. when are we going to sign another player than we seriously need? pre-season is always the best time to integrate the squad but cfc is just doing nothing IMO. really concerned

well let's face it now they have a real threatening squad .... if we were signing the right players i wouldnt be concerned but as long as we sign benayoun and some kid named tomas kalas and they signed yaya toure and silva we all gotta be concerened ......

dont forget they have beaten us home and away last season and they are only getting stronger ...... the problem is i cant see chelsea getting any better than last season in fact we might be worse we lost some vital players with no replacements ....... i hope we get at least a decent CM before the season begins or we are screwed big time ....

when we let joe cole , ballack , belleti , deco leave i thought now we will be back on the right track .... i thought we will get a couple of decent signings and let our youngsters get their chances .... and all of a sudden we are selling stoch and buying benayoun ..... we are getting just ridiculous now to the amount that i cant beleive there is a possibility we wont make any big signings before new season or carlo and abra will be losing their minds ....

Sometimes I wonder if Kakuta44 and TX are one and the same whistling.gif

But, my post is offtopic.gif so I'll shut up.

we have been online at the same time on many occasions.

kakuta444 has actually contributed some decent threads and posts for the forum. I've also had back and forth discussions with him within seconds of each other.

Someone check the IPs? whistling.gif

Someone asked the same thing months ago and they were checked.

and like i said in the previous post, we have been in discussion and online at the same time on many occasions. Go check the time in which posts were created if you're that interested. Besides all admins can see every account that has been used under an i.p address very easily.

If you look at other chelsea forums you will see a decent quantity of members who are fans of kakuta, and express such interest in a similar manner. Benayoun has been a very unpopular signing too, many fans worldwide have let their frustrations be known throughout the web.

we have been online at the same time on many occasions.

kakuta444 has actually contributed some decent threads and posts for the forum. I've also had back and forth discussions with him within seconds of each other.

I'm not suggesting that your the same person, but that's easily done using a proxy website. Possibly a cover up.

I doubt you'd have back and forth discussions with yourself though :lol:

Plus Kakuta44 is on the same IP as he was blocked again on that same IP, whereas if it was a proxy it would have changed.

I think we can rule out TX being Kakuta44. I think they're just very similar.