Chelsea vs Manchester United

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with Bluelion on this one, Carvalho practically always keeps Rooney tugged away nicely in his pocket for 90 minutes. I also dont understand why Ferreira is in that line up, against a fast, tricky winger I wouldn't fancy him at all.

Just looking at the bench going into this game( and I realise that Drogba will be in the starting eleven when the season starts) Im impressed with how strong our squad has become, I remember a couple of years back( in particular during Grant's time in charge) you would look at our bench and no name would really stand out as somebody who can change a game. Now we have Zhirkov, Benayoun, Kalou(when he is on the bench) and Kakuta, all of whom are capable of changing a game, not to mention defenders the quality of Carvalho (or Bruma is Riccy moves on)

Carvalho is a real big game performer. He reaches a higher level everytime we face a world-class opponent.

Weird he's not in the starting eleven. I still prefer him over Alex or Ivanovic as Terry's partner.

Just love how he relies purely on the art of defending, a real classic defender. Those types are (quickly) fading away.

But he has lost the great consistency he once had.