Official: new deal for Anelka

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that Nicolas Anelka has signed a one-year extension to his existing contract that will keep him at the club until 2012.

The 31-year-old forward said: 'When I first came to Chelsea I wanted to stay much longer than what I did in the past with other clubs.

'It is a big club, you play with big players and I like this club, I like London. There is no need to move anymore and so I am very glad to sign a new contract and I know we will play in big games and win titles. I am very glad.'

Manager Carlo Ancelotti added: 'Nicolas is a fantastic player who has good technical qualities and movement.

'When I was coach at Juventus I wanted to buy him, so it is good now he has signed for me and I think Chelsea is his home. I look forward to working with him for one year more.'

Anelka has appeared 123 times in Chelsea colours, since arriving from Bolton in 2008, scoring 42 goals.

Chelsea TV has an exclusive interview with the forward on Sky channel 421 from 6.30pm this evening, along with the rest of the Blues News.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2077870,00.html

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! Nico has worked hard this season, been a great asset when Drogba wasn't on form or just when we needed someone with a clear mind to come on. I don't believe this will put Aguero off at all, he will see it as a challenge not a turn off.

Great news! Nico has worked hard this season, been a great asset when Drogba wasn't on form or just when we needed someone with a clear mind to come on. I don't believe this will put Aguero off at all, he will see it as a challenge not a turn off.

rolleyes.gif anelka becomes sulky when he isn't a first team player, olds dogs can't learn new tricks and the same would happen if another top striker was to be signed.

rolleyes.gif anelka becomes sulky when he isn't a first team player, olds dogs can't learn new tricks and the same would happen if another top striker was to be signed.

I think the Arsenal fans still call him Le Sulk! LOL

I think this is brilliant news. Have always liked Anelka. Last season he started brilliantly and although his performances declined in the second half of the season he grabbed a couple of vital goals. Bolton at home and the first against Wigan. I still think he has a lot to offer over the next two seasons.

So he has 2 years left on a contract now? Fair enough by me as he is still on top of his game, it is once the performances start to decline that we need to be looking at letting them move on, also if he does decline this season we can look to get a fee from him next summer.

So he has 2 years left on a contract now? Fair enough by me as he is still on top of his game, it is once the performances start to decline that we need to be looking at letting them move on, also if he does decline this season we can look to get a fee from him next summer.

I think either sturridge or borini will be ready by then !

I think he would get a limited number of appearances over the next two years when compared the last couple of years, but hopefully that won't be affected by his age. Aguero is still a possibility, it just means Nico would have to be on the wing for most of the next seasons, and with it being only for two years, it isn't really a long term contract and so if his form does go down, his contract wouldn't be renewed.

Onwards and upwards, Aguero is still a possibilty and we keep a good player for another two seasons.

I think he's definitely worth keeping, he scored often and often vitally last season and he's not ancient. Still plenty of goals in him and if he keeps the attitude right then he'll keep doing well with us. An extension is fine by me, not as if we're signing him. If he plays up he can feck off