Community Shield 2010

Ray.

COMMUNITY SHIELD 2010

The FA has announced that this year's Community Shield will see double winners Chelsea take on Premier League runners up, Manchester United, at Wembley on Sunday 8 August at 3pm.

The annual season curtain raiser is a repeat of last year's Community Shield which saw Chelsea win 4-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in normal time to give Carlo Ancelotti a winning start in the Stamford Bridge hotseat.

Almost 86,000 fans attended that match with The FA distributing all proceeds to nominated community and charitable projects across the country.

Ticket prices for the game haven't changed since 2006 and are priced at £40, £30, £20 and £15.

Selling details will follow.

source - Chelseafc.com

Got this date in my diary, anyone else going?

Edited by Blueray

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will definately be going to this game. Went to the cup semi final against Villa and was my first Wembley experience. It was brilliant. Can't wait to experience a Chelsea, United game at Wembley. Will be amazing!

Will definately be going to this game. Went to the cup semi final against Villa and was my first Wembley experience. It was brilliant. Can't wait to experience a Chelsea, United game at Wembley. Will be amazing!

I went to the Community Shield last year and I had a brilliant time, even though I was up in the gods lol. This time i'll definitely try and get something a bit lower down. Can't believe it'll be a year in August since the last one.

I love the Community Shield; some say its a glorified friendly but whoever wins it always defends it as a trophy :P

Looking forward to the game but PLEASE STOP WITH THE CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE TOPIC TITLES, IT STRESSES ME OUT.

That is all.

I love the Community Shield; some say its a glorified friendly but whoever wins it always defends it as a trophy :P

Looking forward to the game but PLEASE STOP WITH THE CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE TOPIC TITLES, IT STRESSES ME OUT.

That is all.

Espically when we went it on Pens first time in yonks and before so loosing on the next penalty shoot out :D

That is all.

Sorry Alex, I copied and pasted the headline which was in capitals from the official website into the topic title. Will try and remember in future

I think if we win this (which we will) it puts us on a good footing for the next couple of games. The motivation to do well will be there of course :champions:

:lol: Haha don't worry, I just like the forums looking uniform. I was messing anyway, it really doesn't bother me cos it takes about 3 seconds to change :)

It is a trophy at the end of the day, and it gives you confidence. Its the same with any piece of silverware; it inspires you to go on and win more.

Never been, probably too expensive for what it is. Atmosphere's always pretty bad at Wembley too.

And the pitch, which seems to get worse and worse.

Man Ure once again, hopefully we can celebrate another 7-0 victory.

Never been, probably too expensive for what it is. Atmosphere's always pretty bad at Wembley too.

I've now been to Wembley 3 times, the Community Shield last August, an England friendly, and the FA Cup Semi-Final. Both of the Chelsea games I thought the atmosphere was OK, I suppose it depends on where you sit. I do think it's up to us as fans to create the atmosphere. As for the price, I don't think they're too bad, it's really what you can afford and what you're prepared to pay to go and watch THE TOP TEAM in England play.

Guest Lampards Bitch

I went to Cardiff when we played Liverpool in this and then to the new Wembly to see us play Manure and we lost both times...............I think I'm a curse LOL I dont think I'll go!