Yossi Benayoun

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benayoun set for £5.5m Chelsea move as Mutu row rumbles on

By Mark Fleming

Chelsea were last night close to agreeing a £5.5m deal with Liverpool to sign midfielder Yossi Benayoun as replacement for Joe Cole. The Double-winners, who last week announced they would let Cole and Michael Ballack leave on free transfers, hope to confirm the signing of Benayoun by the end of the week.

On the face of it, the move is a puzzling one. Benayoun, 30, is two years older than Cole, and has failed to cement a regular first-team place at a Liverpool side that finished seventh last season. Yet Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti clearly believes the Israeli international is a better bet in Chelsea's midfield next season. Benayoun has verbally agreed terms on a four-year deal worth around £55,000 a week, and is due to have a medical at the club's training ground later this week.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/benayoun-set-for-16355m-chelsea-move-as-mutu-row-rumbles-on-2000563.html

My god, please no!

He is 30 years old and therefore just what we need <_<. Besides, he isn't that much of an exceptional player, rather have some of our youths fill that position, probably have the same amount or even more quality :rolleyes:.

you're right !!!!!!! we must search for someone in 20's not in 30's !!!!

Out

Joe Cole, Ballack, Stoch (best talent we have)

In

Benayoun

:(

Edited by Ahmed008

Haha the last bit of that article - Benayoun will be playing along players such as Drogba, Lampard, Terry......and Kalou!

Lol . one of the players used to dread coming on against us when we played the dippers, but my opinion has changed.

He can come on and change a game, but can also run around like a madman and not get anywhere. Reckon this is just short change of the economic cutbacks......

Just can't see the point of signing average squad players like this, we have a very very good squad. We need to either add a top class signing or 2 or to bring in young players who can grow into top players.

Just can't see the point of signing average squad players like this, we have a very very good squad. We need to either add a top class signing or 2 or to bring in young players who can grow into top players.

Tend to agree -think we will sign at leats one big name possibly two before 2010-11, OR are there stringent spend reductions happening ? ..... this scouse reject smells like Mourinhos Ben Haim, Sidwell ie cutback signing.

Tend to agree -think we will sign at leats one big name possibly two before 2010-11, OR are there stringent spend reductions happening ? ..... this scouse reject smells like Mourinhos Ben Haim, Sidwell ie cutback signing.

The feeling i am getting is that there will be NO big signings and we will be restricting our spending on both transfer fees and wages. Which is why i expected us to go for younger players like we have done recently with the likes of Ivanovic, Matic and Sturridge. Signing Benayoun on the other hand does indeed have the feeling of the sort of poor signings we have made previously just to be cutting back. If this is the road we are going down we might as well just use our own youth products than sign average players like Benayoun................

The feeling i am getting is that there will be NO big signings and we will be restricting our spending on both transfer fees and wages. Which is why i expected us to go for younger players like we have done recently with the likes of Ivanovic, Matic and Sturridge. Signing Benayoun on the other hand does indeed have the feeling of the sort of poor signings we have made previously just to be cutting back. If this is the road we are going down we might as well just use our own youth products than sign average players like Benayoun................

Would prefer Joe Cole any day. Just seems part of the Israeli quota that we have to have -Grant, Sahar, Ben Haim, Benayoun -anyway hes a gamble -had some pony games for the murderers but also played a few blinders.

whats with all this antisemite bullshit ? are you out of your fucking mind ?

it is one thing to doubt the use of him for the team, but calling in him "A jewisch cunt" ?

NOT ON !

My friend don't worry, you are among your people here, there are no UN guys reading this forum.

No one wants to see the Jew sign, all he'll do is Jew us out of millions of pounds. We are trying to build a destiny under Carlo, the last thing we need is some penny pinching Christ killer signing a messing it all up.

Carlo's a good Christian, I trust his judgement.

My friend don't worry, you are among your people here, there are no UN guys reading this forum.

No one wants to see the Jew sign, all he'll do is Jew us out of millions of pounds. We are trying to build a destiny under Carlo, the last thing we need is some penny pinching Christ killer signing a messing it all up.

Carlo's a good Christian, I trust his judgement.

Are you Hitler in disguise?

Hahaha oh dear...You sir are a twat!

Agreed.. Please take your little racist self and troll one some other forum..

On this post: Seems Yossi will be at Cobham this week to undergo a medical. The rumour is a £6million deal..