Stamford Bridge

Gourlay has mentioned a sponsors right to rename the stadium a couple of times on Chels TV recently, and Buck is talking about it in the papers.

Think it would be atrocious if it were renamed the Samsung Arena or McDonalds Bowl or something. Its not as though the club or Abramovich needs the money. Sometimes history is more important. Thoughts ?

Best view on advertising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be a total joke if the name changed. However. Every time i have heard Newcastle i have never heard sportsdirect.com St James Park or whatever its called. So even if the name were to change would anyone call it anything other than Stamford Bridge?

I would hate it but the supporters and most of the media would still call it Stamford Bridge. Wouldn't mind if the extra money helped lower ticket prices but that won't happen will it?

no they wouldn't, sky sports, bbc, itv, newspapers etc would all have to call it by it's sponsor name.

It would probably be called something like Samsung Stamford Bridge officially.

UEFA and FIFA refuse to call stadiums by their commercial names - for example, for Champions League matches the Emirates is called the Ashburton Grove Stadium. It would therefore officially still be colloquially known as Stamford Bridge. I'd welcome it only if it meant tickets prices were reduced.

I would be against it,we never changed the name of the stadium or the stadium itself.We are one of the rare clubs that never changed stadiums in England and i am proud of our stadium and its name.Changing it would deeply disappoint me.

It's going to happen 100% Gourlay is just trying to get the best deal possible at the moment. Not going to like it because the bridge is the bridge, but might as well accept it because it WILL happen and soon and there is nothing we can do about it. And it won't drop ticket prices either. This is being done to generate additional income so we can still compete at the top and live within the new UEFA financial rules....