Rising Stoch

Having won a championship medal of his own in Holland, Miroslav Stoch returned to Cobham this week to share his story. The 20-year-old Slovakian had a season to remember with FC Twente, where he helped secure the club's first ever Eredivisie title with 10 goals from 32 appearances under the leadership of Steve McClaren, the former England manager.

'I think it was a great season, when I went there I didn't expect it could be like that, that we could be champions but from the first day it was getting better and better and we kept on winning,' Stoch explained. 'I was so surprised and now we are champions, it was so great!

'My form was good until the winter break, then I had a little problem with my groin and didn't play so good, but in the end I was better and my play improved enough to score in the last two games.'

The second of those was in the final day victory over NAC Breda which secured the championship for the Enschede side.

'To score was so nice, I felt so happy and of course to win was unbelievable. I think everyone is a legend there now, it is something special for the club, the first time they won the title and everyone there is buzzing,' smiled the diminutive winger.

McClaren yesterday left the club for Germany, and Wolfsburg who competed in this season's Champions League. Stoch hopes it brings the Englishman further success overseas.

'I heard the manager had gone to Wolfsburg, I knew a little earlier that maybe he would leave, but it is not surprising, he has done a great job and what else can he do with the team?' he reasoned. 'Now he can move on to a bigger team and hopefully learn more.'

And what for his own future?

'I don't know what will happen but we have to decide the best option for me, last year we decided really well when I went to Twente, and now I hope we will do the best again,' he explained. 'I want to play all the time like I did in Holland.'

Stoch was at Cobham for his end of season fitness testing, and was joined by fellow loanees Jack Cork, Michael Mancienne and Scott Sinclair.

Cork rounded his loan spell at Burnley on Sunday with a goal as the Clarets came back from two down to beat Tottenham 4-2.

The goal, a second-half header, pulled already relegatedBurnley level before they went on to win the game.

It was Cork's 11th appearance for the Turf Moor side since arriving there in early February, following a spell with Coventry City for the first half of the season.

Mancienne was not involved in Wolves' final game of the season on Sunday, so completed his stay at Molineux with 25 starts and eight sub appearances, helping them to achieve Premier League survival for the first time.

Sinclair was ineligible for Wigan's visit to Stamford Bridge on Sunday, but was at the game to see his temporary side beaten 8-0 by the Blues.

During his time at the DW Stadium, Scott made five starts and 17 sub appearances, scoring twice.

Franco Di Santo has also completed his loan spell at Blackburn, where he made 16 starts and nine sub appearances, scoring a solitary goal against local rivals Burnley in October.

Source: Chelsea FC

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what for his own future?

'I don't know what will happen but we have to decide the best option for me, last year we decided really well when I went to Twente, and now I hope we will do the best again,' he explained. 'I want to play all the time like I did in Holland.'

well that's not going to happen, he will probably leave us then.

I really hope he gets some game time next season, he is such a promising talent and think he could bring a lot to our team next year. There is no need to go out and but wide players when we have plyaers like Stoch and Kakuta available to us.

I dont think he will sign a new contract unless he is promised game time. I dont think thats fair to be honest because he should have to earn his spot in the team. He is a very promising talent and i would be very sad to see him go. But its too hard to promise someone a game every week.

If i was to pick just 1 academy player to progress to first team football next season it will be Stoch. On the back of a fantastic season at Twente he will go to the world cup and no doubt impress there also, i think there is definately a need for a winger like Stoch and i think giventhe oppertunity would ammount a very decent number of games through the season.

The biggest factor of Stoch's influences omn the first team next season is if J. Cole signs on the dotted line with Citeh, Ushited or Chelsea. Otherwise, he would be sitting on the sidelines behind Kalou and Anelka who would be playing in the right hand side with Joey being another name.

We need to sell those that are not needed and use our youth, like Cork.

I think the whole thing with Sinclair and DiSanto has to be near surely impossible NOT to happen, they will be leaving. But about Mancienne, i don't know.

I think he is one of the most exciting prospects the club has had for a few years now, With the right coaching he could be the next Joey Cole, Excellent player to have on the bench, and If I were one of the newly promoted clubs I'd be fighting tooth and nail to get him on loan.

If i was to pick just 1 academy player to progress to first team football next season it will be Stoch. On the back of a fantastic season at Twente he will go to the world cup and no doubt impress there also, i think there is definately a need for a winger like Stoch and i think giventhe oppertunity would ammount a very decent number of games through the season.

The way he is talking its as if he is saying play me most of the time or im gone. I really like this kid and i think he can be very robben like in his dribbling.

The way he is talking its as if he is saying play me most of the time or im gone. I really like this kid and i think he can be very robben like in his dribbling.

Yes indeed, very Robben like. Have enjoyed watching play since the day he joined the club, excellent talent. Yes that does seem to be what he is indicating, but it down to the club to talk to him and explain that he will need to force his way into regular starts but he will be given the oppertunity. No-one just walks into the Chelsea Starting 11.

Yes indeed, very Robben like. Have enjoyed watching play since the day he joined the club, excellent talent. Yes that does seem to be what he is indicating, but it down to the club to talk to him and explain that he will need to force his way into regular starts but he will be given the oppertunity. No-one just walks into the Chelsea Starting 11.

I don't think he is any were near what robben was though in terms of sheer ability, but he has a very similar style. stoch is 20 now so he needs to play, robben was 20 when it was his first season for us.

Edited by Badboy

Guys, i think, in next season Stoch will be on loan. His agent said:

"Naturally, FC Twente would like to keep Miroslav in squad, but there are also others," says Lednický, who did not reveal more. "This is not good time to do so," explained he, adding that Stoch´s new club should give his player such portion of opportunity like Twente did. "The priority of our company is to provide best comfort for our player. Miroslav is young player and he needs to play regularly, that´s our priority. If possible, we would like to see him climbing the top of the table also next season," concluded Stoch´s agent.

Guys, i think, in next season Stoch will be on loan. His agent said:

"Naturally, FC Twente would like to keep Miroslav in squad, but there are also others," says Lednický, who did not reveal more. "This is not good time to do so," explained he, adding that Stoch´s new club should give his player such portion of opportunity like Twente did. "The priority of our company is to provide best comfort for our player. Miroslav is young player and he needs to play regularly, that´s our priority. If possible, we would like to see him climbing the top of the table also next season," concluded Stoch´s agent.

If Chelsea is a smart club, will persuade him to accept a new deal until 2020...and then offer him on loan for other clubs. When he improve enough, then we take him back...he is young and he really need play regulary...he wont improve here watching games on bench...if he dont improve we sell him.

If Chelsea is a smart club, will persuade him to accept a new deal until 2020...and then offer him on loan for other clubs. When he improve enough, then we take him back...he is young and he really need play regulary...he wont improve here watching games on bench...if he dont improve we sell him.

You should never sign players for that long, you never know who could be a winston borgade !