You Don't Know What Your Doing.........

Yesterday the winning goal was created by a pass from Pizzaro to Kalou, as a result of the manager's savvy.

Now.....I'm no footballing expert, but I do know the basics :rolleyes:

Since when has a shot deflected off a players heel who is running away from the ball been called a pass :whistling:

This goes to show that even when someone tries to back up Grunts substitutions they cant even get their own come back in any sort of state to warrant it to be credible.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldnt make sense getting rid of him half way through next season, we'd be put even further back.

yea i agree what keep him for another year and a bit if we cant even get a win against a lower opposition team.

In the last 2 games our home record has almost been broken, in the first game we went 2-0 down and we maned to get it back to 3-2 but even than we managed to concede another 2 goals he should of closed the match up there and then.

Then on Saturday against Newcastle look what happens we totally dominate the first half and go ahead but then Newcastle score and then instead of making smart subs he takes our 2 key players off

I think this guy needs to improve really quickly and start to learn how to manage and not make us look like clown or we need someone new in his spot that has the credentials to manage a big club like ours.

thats so true.im worried he`ll be off soon,he needs to stay

When Jose went I thought it was vital Clarke stayed but now I dont think it makes a difference either way. At the start Clarke was only kept on to keep us sweet and he's probably being inched out Jose style. Jose was constantly undermined and made to feel uncomfortable as Roman's men were wheeled in and history seems to be repeating itself. Was Ten Cate brought in to work WITH Clarke or simply to make sure there was less room on the bench for him?

Besides, the mess Grant's making, it'd take more than Clarke staying to clear it up imo. Maybe he's better off out of it?

Edited by misschief

has anybody else noticed how unhappy steve clarke is looking these days.

Prob cause Jose hasnt got a job yet.Soon as he does can see him joining him sadly :(

Have accepted Grant cause its clear he's not gana go anywhere doesnt mean am a fan of the bloke.If he won us the Quad would have a heart attack lol

Edited by Layla

Clarke's looked like that ever since Mourinho went imo.

Whenever I see Steve he looks gloomy and down and isolated even when sitting next to Grant or Cate.

May be it's my imagination but I wonder if he really will stick around or leave next season.

Against even our wildest dreams, if Grant lands us the Champions League in his first season after Mourinho went so close two times in his tenure, I'd be willing to give him another chance. But for me now, he's blown it. He hasn't actually got a clue and I reckon our current "successes" are down to Clarkey and Ten Cate (who I think is a brilliant coach).

Whenever I see Steve he looks gloomy and down and isolated even when sitting next to Grant or Cate.

May be it's my imagination but I wonder if he really will stick around or leave next season.

Its not your imagination, he'll be off between now and next season and in all honesty I really dont blame him.

The awful thing is that if we do win the CL with Grant this season it will mean we are stuck with him for good.

Now I hear you ask what is wrong with that?

Well Benitez won the CL by some fluke very early on in his Liverpool tenure and where have they been in the league running since he's been with them?

Nowhere.

Winning the CL meant the fans were stuck with a coach who can manage cup competitions but the league (which for me is the really important thing) he is hopeless at but all everyone says is "oh but he won the CL he's wonderful a genius etc".

Big deal, it's a glorified knock out competition which any team on form for a given day can win.

I'd be very pleased to win it of course but dread the long term consequences if it's with Grant.

It will not make him some super coach in my eyes, winning games consistently in your own league over a season is a sign of a great coach.

As for Clarke, I would be surprised if he stayed on next season, I don't think he fits in with this new team of advisors Grant has bought in, at first they desparately needed him there to steady the players nerves and the fans.

Now I don't think they care so much if he left and he doesn't look that happy to be there either anymore either - although may be he always looked like that and I never noticed. He just doesn't seem happy - period.

Hope I'm wildly off base here, could well be but when you keep thinking something is up when you watch someone's body language on screen you end up usually being proved right in the end.

Grant has ran a line to the tabloids how he fired up all the players at half time, motivated them, and gave them a 'right Ballacking'.

Cant see it myself somehow.

I saw Ballack's interview on ESPN while he was being gifted the Barclay's MoM. When asked what had an effect on their performance in second half, his reply was "The Manager was LOUD in the dressing room".