You Don't Know What Your Doing.........

Drogba overall a better prospect. But its the fickle nature and the indecisiveness. It would have surely been sensible to keep the same captain for the whole game, rather than fucking off Cole ?

That's what I think.

You either trust Cole to be a leader and know he can do it or you don't and if you have doubts then don't make him captain.

What is much worse and harms a player's ego (and Cole surely has one) is to strip them of the captaincy DURING a game and give it to a player (even if Drogba) who is only coming on for the last five minutes.

Grant is apparently renowed for his psychological and man managements skills - well way to go Grant that is now one pissed off player for no reason. :rolleyes:

And yes if Jose had done that I would have thought exactly the same thing it is just not good man management. But you know what? I don't think Jose would ever have done something so stupid, unlike Grant he actually has genuine intuition as to how to handle players for almost every occasion (Sheva excluded he's a lost cause) and he would never have wanted to embarrass Cole in such a way. He would have found some other method to let him know he was not that happy.

Grant should know by now who his leaders are not just pass the parcel with the armband.

So if this story is true he has embarrassed Cole, made him feel bad and generated antipathy when he is meant to be creating a feeling of all for one and one for all kind of mentality.

He needs to learn from some things Mourinho did and not dismiss everything in the past as not being good enough for "new Chelsea".

Edited by pluto

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me make myself clear, because this is turning into a "for and against Grant" debate again. I am in no way declaring my admiration for Avram Grant, nor am i trying to stick up for him - the point i am making is that this is a wanky story based on little fact or knowledge that is printed in dodgy papers to help them sell said dodgy papers and to try to destabalise Chelsea.... :thumbsup:

I never thought otherwise actually but I can believe this story, I can believe a lot of stories that come out, are dismissed by fans, players, managers and clubs alike as bullsh*t and weeks or months later come out as being true.

So being cynical helps but being realistic that some stories do have an element of truth in that at times - may be - helps as well.

Well it works for me.

Why wouldn't publicly showing now faith inspire him to play better? Happens all the time, sometimes a kick up the backside works a treat. Jose did it with Joe Cole plenty of times and worked.

I am sure there is some sort of ranking as far as captains go, for me it would be JT, Ballack, Didier, Lamps and so on, so i see no reason to not give the armband to Drogba.

Let me make myself clear, because this is turning into a "for and against Grant" debate again. I am in no way declaring my admiration for Avram Grant, nor am i trying to stick up for him - the point i am making is that this is a wanky story based on little fact or knowledge that is printed in dodgy papers to help them sell said dodgy papers and to try to destabalise Chelsea.... :thumbsup:

sorry, i had misunderstood your intention but i think the players already know that what kind of situation that roman had put them into when he hired grunt. by judging on his reaction, i do believe that a.cole is kinda pissed off or sullking when he was told to give the armband to drogba.

jose had done the public comments on joe cole but he added up with some honesty, about j.cole's show boating, didnt help the team to defend etc so that the player could learn from his mistake. while avram just claimed that drogba is a leader, not on how bad a.cole had been performing that day. unfortunately, joe cole has become his former self, after mourinho had gone.

grunt has called himself a ordinary one, an attractive football merchant, a person who know to handle big ego, a motivator etc but the only none is true. he is not ordinary, he is an ignorant.

Edited by joe_kura

If I'm wrong on this please say so.......

Even if it was JT coming on I dont thin that Jose would have taken the armband off Cole and given it to Terry.

I cant think of any other time when this has ever happened. I have seen players who were the club captain come on as a sub and the vice captain continues to wear the armband. I know Cole isnt the vice captain, but he's a very experienced player. wether he had a shit game or not thats not the way to treat a player no matter who he is. If you trust him with the armband at least stick it out and do something about it after the game.

What he has done is draw attention to something that didnt need to be made a big deal out of. All he had to do was not give Cole the armband again and this would never have been a topic at all. If he wanted to take it off him he should have subbed him and any problems would have been gone.

You have to be kidding me???? Shipman was more tactful than him.

I kid you not.

Grant according to an article I read in The Guardian a month or so back, is renowed for his ability to get on with players and make them do what he wants and to get inside their heads so to speak.

He apparently has read every coaching manual in the book and even went to the USA to study coaching techniques with the gridiron teams to see how they manage players.

So when you next see Grant and think "what a smug git" remember that for Grant there is a reason for this smugness, he really does think he knows it all.

I kid you not.

Grant according to an article I read in The Guardian a month or so back, is renowed for his ability to get on with players and make them do what he wants and to get inside their heads so to speak.

He apparently has read every coaching manual in the book and even went to the USA to study coaching techniques with the gridiron teams to see how they manage players.

So when you next see Grant and think "what a smug git" remember that for Grant there is a reason for this smugness, he really does think he knows it all.

I did hear that before.....That was one of the reasons he was brought in...apparently to get the best out of Sheva, and also because they were close friends..... :rolleyes:

Didnt Jose do all that too.......wasnt a great player, but learnt his stuff by educating himself.

God knows what manuals Grunt was reading :rolleyes:

I did hear that before.....That was one of the reasons he was brought in...apparently to get the best out of Sheva, and also because they were close friends..... :rolleyes:

Didnt Jose do all that too.......wasnt a great player, but learnt his stuff by educating himself.

God knows what manuals Grunt was reading :rolleyes:

Mourinho learned most I think from Van Gaal and Robson but yes he has also studied too.

I think the main difference is the higher quality of teaching he had under the above two and that coupled with the fact that he has an obvious natural gift for man management as his players will attest.

I have yet to hear any Chelsea players raving about Grant's capabilities in that department. Or any department for that matter unless you believe the press managed PR guff that sometimes spills forth. :rolleyes:

As for books Grant could have been reading during his time in the management wilderness getting ready for the Chelsea job, I could give you a few suggestions.

How to win friends and influence people

A Guide to Getting it: remarkable management skills

Your dream career for Dummies

Professional Networking for Dummies

Edited by pluto

Drogba actually captains his national side in the first place. Ashley was arguably the most experienced player on the pitch on Saturday although I believe the honour of being captain should have been handed to Ferreira as he was the most senior player in the team. Our captain's order is something along these lines - Terry, Lampard, Cudicini (often gets captaincy when Terry and Lamps and Cech are out), Ballack, Drogba, Joe Cole and Ash