You Don't Know What Your Doing.........

Ashley Cole was said to be angry and embarassed after Avram Grant stripped him of Chelsea's captaincy after just an hour of Saturday's game.

He was extremely unhappy with boss Avram Grant during Saturday's 1-0 win over Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup.

The defender was handed the captain's armband by the Chelsea manager before the game, only to have it taken off him on the hour - without being substituted.

As Grant sent on Didier Drogba, he told Cole to hand over the captain's responsibilities to the Ivorian striker.

The bemused England international did so, but wondered what he'd done wrong because Drogba himself had never before been appointed on-field captain of Chelsea either.

Asked about the controversy, Blues boss Grant revealed that he took the decision to make the team more stable. "Drogba is a leader," said the Israeli in no uncertain terms.

"Many players who are leaders here did not play against QPR, so we gave it to Ashley. I think he is a good example for all the others, always giving 100 per cent, always happy.

"I like Ashley, so he deserved to be captain. But there are other options for leaders in the team."

Goal .com

Grant is a one-of-a-kind-twat-wanker-son-of-a-cunt!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one who doesn't see giving Drogba the armband a problem? Drogba IS more of a leader that A.Cole, and it would also have been a significant boost to Didier's ego as well which as we all know too well is very fragile....

now here's a question, would everyone still be questioning it had jose done it?

That's the point though, Jose wouldnt be such a twat. If he wasnt taking Cole off there was no need for it, all he's done is publicy kiss Drogba's arse at the risk of pissing Cole off. No need for it. Obviously he wont want Drogba leaving in the summer but does he honestly think this sort of gesture is going to make a difference? He never ceases to amaze me.

And we know Cole is pissed off how???? THE SUN..... Those bastions of truth and honesty. Seriously this isn't worth even discussing.

Ok they write a load of crap, thats hardly the revelation of the year but it wouldnt be so surprising to know Cole was pissed off by this would it? He had plenty to say about preferential treatment at Arsenal after all. And this was a pretty blatant smack in the face tbh.

Its in a lot of the papers -ok admittedly the tabloids -but Grant was also publicly bollocking Cole from the touchline, then takes the captains armband away. Hardly diplomatic-and evident of lack of coaching badges.

Symptomatic of his haplessness he seems to be doing things just for an impact.

Next he'll try some Mourinhoesque ''outrageous'' comments, which will make him come across as a mental

Cole had a pretty poor game by all accounts.

Would there have been a story had it been JT comming on? Can't see what the difference is to be honest and what there is to get all hot and bothered about.....

How quickly the tabloid garbage suddenly becomes fact when it suits your opinion/agenda, no wonder the press keep writing the Chelsea hatred stories.

now here's a question, would everyone still be questioning it had jose done it?

it is not about who done it. avram just showed us what an idiot he is in term of man management.

And we know Cole is pissed off how???? THE SUN..... Those bastions of truth and honesty. Seriously this isn't worth even discussing.

a normal person will get pissed off or disheartened or feel being back-stabbed either in football or in other occupation.

the compilation of avram's foolishness in club football management is getting thicker and thicker every week. please any roman advisor, please coax roman to sack avram it start to effect the result. btw there is no attractive football to roman's liking.

Would there have been a story had it been JT comming on? Can't see what the difference is to be honest and what there is to get all hot and bothered about.....

How quickly the tabloid garbage suddenly becomes fact when it suits your opinion/agenda, no wonder the press keep writing the Chelsea hatred stories.

Not getting hot and bothered - it just highlights what a divisive liabilty to the team the mercenary charlatan is.

Not just the tabloids The facts were he was publicly bollocked him, was left out of the squad for Fulham and it seems Grant in some wanky way is trying to curry favour with the Chelsea Bridge contingent.

Grant has tried to ingratiate himself with Drogba several times . When Mourinho was there and Grant was hovering behind him -Drogba came off, Grant leant forward to pat him , and Drogba physically reeled away. That was funny in a way.

Of course there wouldnt be a story if it was JT coming on, he is the captain, Drogba isnt and hasnt been so the only agenda was a pathetic attempt to kiss arse.

So Cole didnt have a good game, is publicly showing no faith in him going to inspire a great performance in his next game? Hmm, great man management skills from the special needs one there.

Of course there wouldnt be a story if it was JT coming on, he is the captain, Drogba isnt and hasnt been so the only agenda was a pathetic attempt to kiss arse.

So Cole didnt have a good game, is publicly showing no faith in him going to inspire a great performance in his next game? Hmm, great man management skills from the special needs one there.

Why wouldn't publicly showing now faith inspire him to play better? Happens all the time, sometimes a kick up the backside works a treat. Jose did it with Joe Cole plenty of times and worked.

I am sure there is some sort of ranking as far as captains go, for me it would be JT, Ballack, Didier, Lamps and so on, so i see no reason to not give the armband to Drogba.

Let me make myself clear, because this is turning into a "for and against Grant" debate again. I am in no way declaring my admiration for Avram Grant, nor am i trying to stick up for him - the point i am making is that this is a wanky story based on little fact or knowledge that is printed in dodgy papers to help them sell said dodgy papers and to try to destabalise Chelsea.... :thumbsup:

As long as he keeps giving them this sort of ammunition they'll keep firing the gun. Strikes me though we wont even be needing the papers help to destabilise us if Grant continues to make uneducated and ill-thought out decisions.

so, can we just clear it up then?, we are all saying Grant is a cunt?

Motion carried?

In his defence, I have just explained to a Villa fan how he's that good that luck had nothing to do with our result this weekend, he's actually that good he allowed for the OG in training.

Grant has tried to ingratiate himself with Drogba several times . When Mourinho was there and Grant was hovering behind him -Drogba came off, Grant leant forward to pat him , and Drogba physically reeled away. That was funny in a way.

I don't blame Drogba, he was always very loyal to Mourinho.

But lets be honest if Grant tried to pat me, I'd be reeling away in horror too!

I think that is what Grant has spent his whole life doing though to get where he is today, toadying up to people to try and ingratiate himself into their good books so he can leach off them later on.

He's meant to be a very good at it by all accounts, hence his association with Roman and coming out of nowhere to cries of "Avram who?".

If you listen to him you can hear him talking about the various figures he knows in football, this guy is a serious networker despite his anonymous looks and lack of obvious charisma.

It will be interesting to see how much further Chelsea can take him, now he's got real power to do what he wants or should that be what Roman wants?