Cole or Malouda?

zolayes

Question was triggered by discussion on talk sport, pundits both rated Joe ahead of Malouda .I'm

not sure .Last year I would have agreed but Hiddink revived Maloudas form . the last half of last season we saw more of what we had hoped from him . IMO he has improved further this season and is now ahead of Joe.. what do others think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They both track back to help at defence, they both have great vision, they both appear to gel with anelka and didier, however I think creatively joe cole is superior. They are both great players, but as an Englishman I would like to see JC get the nod.

If you're going to pick a player on form, then Malouda right now is a good bit ahead of Joe Cole imo. Malouda has been fantastic the last few games and fully deserves his place. I love watching JC and he's one of my favourite players,but for the sake of the team I'd have FM before JC atm

Its good for the team that Joe Cole has to fight to get back into the starting line up. Just having him waltzback into the team could possibly hamper a players will to improve.....its up to him to show he deserves to start.

Cole is a bit craftier but I would rather have Malouda right now. He's probably the best crosser on our team and can score some goals from time to time. However it's an unfair comparison since Joey hasn't been on form at all.

Cole is a bit craftier but I would rather have Malouda right now. He's probably the best crosser on our team and can score some goals from time to time. However it's an unfair comparison since Joey hasn't been on form at all.

Like others said, At the moment Malouda is better.. Joe Cole's mind seems occupied somewhere else lately..

Malouda is a better player than what joe cole is.

I beg to differ......They are different types of midfielders who offer different things on the pitch.

If you had both players bang on form I'd choose Joe Cole over Malouda every day of the week. Joe cole has that extra edge to his game and when he's on fire theres few better who can do so much damage with a flick of his boot.#

Edited by Aesthetic Relic

I'd take Joe Cole every day of the week over Malouda. To be honest, he was one of the only players that really didn't impress me yesterday.

Really? :rolleyes:

Edited by Tech9C

Doesnt Joe Cole play in the right wing and Malouda in the left? So I think we shouldn't be comparing them but comparing Anelka and Cole where Anelka is currently his competition in the 4-3-3 formation.

I beg to differ......They are different types of midfielders who offer different things on the pitch.

If you had both players bang on form I'd choose Joe Cole over Malouda every day of the week. Joe cole has that extra edge to his game and when he's on fire theres few better who can do so much damage with a flick of his boot.#

Malouda is the best crosser of the ball in the league he is also very stong with a great long shot. Its a game of opinions but joe has not been in good form since 05-06.

Talking about form right now, of course Flo is better. Joe is trying to back on top, and he's on good way, we can't forget that he is one of the icons of Chelsea, Malouda is trying to be. But if I must choose who's I want to have in squad now, I'm giving my vote on Malouda.