Cech

Joe Cool

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think he has taken that place for Granted. No competition for him since 2004-05. We need a young keeper who can push him and Id say get in Joe Hart. He is young and I am sure will keep Cech on his toes. If Cech doesnt improve Joe Hart can take the No.1 slot in a year or two..

Then how do you explain all the flapping on the crosses that go into the box?

Cech is world class, it's amazing how he's actually still playing football after he suffered an injury like that. Yes, he's made mistakes for us but what do you suggest we do? Sell him out? I'm sure he'll work out on the little things he's been doing wrong and regain his form back. It's also not fair to judge him right now when the whole team is lacking form.

He's made plenty of mistakes, but saved us even more times. The only thing wrong with his game at the moment is communication, we can see the defence and he aren't talking enough and this results in mistakes in judgement. That is the most urgent thing that the team need to address; the defence take confidence in a commanding goalkeeper, so he must be more vocal and if he is going to come for the ball, he has to either go for it and commit, or stay on his line.

Exactly!One minute he decides to come out and at the last changes he mind leading to complete confusion and conceding.Thats his main problem.Aside from lack of confidence he seems to have been until this month we went through Novemeber without conceding so hey ho.Everyones having a blip at the mo just Cechs is being more highlighted

so are you all serious about what your writing?

A keeper ist at his best when he is 32, so come on guys, cech has done exceptional things, hes the best keeper when it comes to reaction time, and when hes on the line, hes undoubtful the very best, his weakness is his calmness, you could see it yesterday especially, cause he came out 2 times while a player of his own team was standing in his way, one time he boxed Ballack in his face and the other time, i think it was terry, was at the ball before he touched it, it could had been a costy failure, if the ball where falling unfortunatly...

so u're not serious about what your talkint, i've seen llorios, he has mor luck than anything, 20 percent of his saves touch the bar or the post, and cech is third best keeper in the wolr nearly every year, and he has won it back in 2003...

so let him do his job...:readthemessage:

Edited by Clevemayer

I think that we've come to expect perfection from our team and from Petr as well

That said I also think his problem is more a confidence thing where he needs to make up his mind and back himself - not come for the ball then change his mind

and also to be more vocal and command the box the way he used to

I think the best thing to do would be for the fans to get behind him and support him - us tearing him to shreds isn't going to help his confidence one bit

Petr still is a great keeper and has bled for my team more times than I care to count and would hate to see him waste away

Its only a confidence thing imo.

That being said....it is having a knock on effect on the defence as it his uncertainty when the balls in the air which is making the defence having to second guess what he's going to do. If they knew he was going to come charging out and clean everyone in front of him that would be fine, but he's not doing that.

I dont like seeing keepers come out and punching the ball either. Theres too much risk involved in that as it could go anywhere. I like to see a keeper come out and take the ball cleanly in his hands and take the pressure off the defence. I'd have him spending extra time in training being in that sort of situation with balls constantly whipped into the box for him to claim with a few other players around him to get his confidence up.

theres no denying his shot stopping ability....he's still as good as he ever was....its the flapping which is giving us concern.