Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

FT 1-1

Played a more box to box role today, and although England were poor generally I reckon he was still the best player there for us. Certainly between him, Redmond and March. Strong physically and created chances going forward while made some crucial interceptions, challenged and headers defensively. Couple of poor touches and a poor decision in final third after a good run let him down

• 1 month later...

It's like he doesn't exist anymore. For months he was all people spoke of.

To be fair, there's been nothing to speak of lately lol. I think we're just hoping that he won't go on loan and Mourinho will give him a chance.. Which doesn't seem likely this season.

To be fair, there's been nothing to speak of lately lol. I think we're just hoping that he won't go on loan and Mourinho will give him a chance.. Which doesn't seem likely this season.

Are we? He didn't exactly set the world alight last season. Why should he be given a chance before someone like Atsu, for example? Honestly, I'm just hoping that one of Oriol and MVG are given a chance this season!

Are we? He didn't exactly set the world alight last season. Why should he be given a chance before someone like Atsu, for example? Honestly, I'm just hoping that one of Oriol and MVG are given a chance this season!

His loan spell was useless, iirc it was only when he joined Boro in the second half of last season where he came back to life. We can't forget his contributions at Watford the season before, played around 38 games for them and became influential.

His loan spell was useless, iirc it was only when he joined Boro in the second half of last season where he came back to life. We can't forget his contributions at Watford the season before, played around 38 games for them and became influential.

Well if he couldn't get into Forest's starting lineup then he's probably not ready. Even at Boro he was in and out of the side.

I'm just saying, there are a lot of our other players who impressed a lot more on loan last season.

Well if he couldn't get into Forest's starting lineup then he's probably not ready. Even at Boro he was in and out of the side.

I'm just saying, there are a lot of our other players who impressed a lot more on loan last season.

Forest was absolutely the wrong loan for him, and Billy Davies was the wrong manager. At Boro he was back to his Watford form and he needs to be given a chance this season otherwise he'll stagnate.

Romeu is probably done here. He might get a few more chances in pre-season but I've not seen anything to suggest he should be ahead of Nat.

Fact is Chalobah is a talented young English player who did enough to deserve a chance last year but the club fucked him over and set his progression back by a year.

Forest was absolutely the wrong loan for him, and Billy Davies was the wrong manager. At Boro he was back to his Watford form and he needs to be given a chance this season otherwise he'll stagnate.

Romeu is probably done here. He might get a few more chances in pre-season but I've not seen anything to suggest he should be ahead of Nat.

Fact is Chalobah is a talented young English player who did enough to deserve a chance last year but the club fucked him over and set his progression back by a year.

Ironic thing is that he's just announced that he's signed a new contract with the club probably while you were writing that! :P

https://www.facebook.com/OriolRomeu6?fref=nf

I think realistically, both Oriol and MVG are miles ahead of Nathanial and even they aren't guaranteed a role with the team next season!

Nathanial is still young and still not ready, imo. His best (if not only) option is another loan.

But that's unfair a but Chou, regarding Forest. Their manager was clueless and he'd already earned his striped at a club that far exceeded that of Nottingham's. It's good news he's signed a new contract, it means the club have spoken to him in high regard, so maybe one more loan isn't the worst thing.

But something has to give in terms of giving him a fair opportunity.

Mourinho (23/07/2013) :

"We are thinking of letting him go on loan for a last season," said Mourinho. "That is our intention. He knows. We have discussed that with him. He is a very, very good player. I like him very much - very, very much. I am very impressed. For sure, a Chelsea player (in future), for sure. We think he is there. He could be in our squad already. But we think one more season and it will be his last one out on loan."

Will he stick to his word?

Ironic thing is that he's just announced that he's signed a new contract with the club probably while you were writing that! :P

https://www.facebook.com/OriolRomeu6?fref=nf

I think realistically, both Oriol and MVG are miles ahead of Nathanial and even they aren't guaranteed a role with the team next season!

Nathanial is still young and still not ready, imo. His best (if not only) option is another loan.

Last year of contract so makes sense. Expect we'll still loan him and he might actually be worth something in 12 months time.

I personally still think that Chalobah is an exceptional talent and thought he should've been ahead of Mikel (remember him?) last season. I'd be entirely comfortable with him being in the rotation going into next season. His best option is probably being part of the squad.

Although I suppose we could do what Everton did with Barkley after his disappointing loan spell and loan him out again....except they didn't do that did they?

But that's unfair a but Chou, regarding Forest. Their manager was clueless and he'd already earned his striped at a club that far exceeded that of Nottingham's. It's good news he's signed a new contract, it means the club have spoken to him in high regard, so maybe one more loan isn't the worst thing.

But something has to give in terms of giving him a fair opportunity.

Actually it's Oriol that has signed a new contract not Nathanial.

Yes, Forest was not entirely his fault (though his attitude was terrible) but even at Boro he could not replicate his Watford form. We have A LOT of young talents on loan and even more top class players in the first team. You can't have a bad season out on loan and come back expecting to be in the first team squad.