Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Last year of contract so makes sense. Expect we'll still loan him and he might actually be worth something in 12 months time.

I personally still think that Chalobah is an exceptional talent and thought he should've been ahead of Mikel (remember him?) last season. I'd be entirely comfortable with him being in the rotation going into next season. His best option is probably being part of the squad.

Although I suppose we could do what Everton did with Barkley after his disappointing loan spell and loan him out again....except they didn't do that did they?

Everton are playing for Europa League which is why they can afford to give youngsters like Barkley chances, while we're challenging for the title and playing Champions League semifinals which is why we needed to keep Mikel even after we bought Matic.

Have I missed something? How was Nat's attitude at Forest terrible?

Very lazy, especially towards the end of the loan. He was just not trying anymore. He looked completely disinterested.

Very lazy, especially towards the end of the loan. He was just not trying anymore. He looked completely disinterested.

Wouldn't say that's 'terrible' attitude though, of course he'd be disillusioned with his loan spell and not bothered because he wasn't truly given the role he was promised at the start. He probably just couldn't wait to leave Forest. Not sure you can call that terrible attitude.

Actually it's Oriol that has signed a new contract not Nathanial.

Yes, Forest was not entirely his fault (though his attitude was terrible) but even at Boro he could not replicate his Watford form. We have A LOT of young talents on loan and even more top class players in the first team. You can't have a bad season out on loan and come back expecting to be in the first team squad.

Ah interesting about Romeu.

Yeah I do get what you mean regarding not having room to have 'one bad' season in this context (waiting for the inevitable Torres line from a troll). However in the bigger scheme of things, allowances have to made in the case of guys like Chalobah. We can't let him down like we did with McEachran. Nat can't go on any old loan next, it has to be carefully decided and I don't trust Chelsea to be able to do that tbh.

Wouldn't say that's 'terrible' attitude though, of course he'd be disillusioned with his loan spell and not bothered because he wasn't truly given the role he was promised at the start. He probably just couldn't wait to leave Forest. Not sure you can call that terrible attitude.

Of course it's terrible attitude. He's supposed to be a professional. Especially someone his age should show determination and professionalism regardless of the circumstances.

Ah interesting about Romeu.

Yeah I do get what you mean regarding not having room to have 'one bad' season in this context (waiting for the inevitable Torres line from a troll). However in the bigger scheme of things, allowances have to made in the case of guys like Chalobah. We can't let him down like we did with McEachran. Nat can't go on any old loan next, it has to be carefully decided and I don't trust Chelsea to be able to do that tbh.

I agree, this year will be crucial for him. We need to get him the right loan. He can't afford another year like last.

Of course it's terrible attitude. He's supposed to be a professional. Especially someone his age should show determination and professionalism regardless of the circumstances.

Come on, you're being way too harsh. How is he meant to remain determined when his loan spell was a disaster? He wasn't being unprofessional either, he hasn't said a bad word about Forest at all.

If this is a 'terrible' attitude then there are many players that are a lot older than him that have even worse attitude.

No offence but I'd hate for someone to read this thread and think Nathaniel Chalobah has a bad attitude and is lazy.

Just to correct you, he was simply the wrong player for that manager....a manager who has now been sacked. Nat Chalobah has always earned praise for his attitude and professionalism and conducted himself well at Forest, but on the pitch things simply didn't work out.

He's not a lazy player.

Come on, you're being way too harsh. How is he meant to remain determined when his loan spell was a disaster? He wasn't being unprofessional either, he hasn't said a bad word about Forest at all.

If this is a 'terrible' attitude then there are many players that are a lot older than him that have even worse attitude.

You can't excuse young players for obviously not giving 100% and not tracking back.

No offence but I'd hate for someone to read this thread and think Nathaniel Chalobah has a bad attitude and is lazy.

Just to correct you, he was simply the wrong player for that manager....a manager who has now been sacked. Nat Chalobah has always earned praise for his attitude and professionalism and conducted himself well at Forest, but on the pitch things simply didn't work out.

He's not a lazy player.

Usually, yes. But not at Forest. Just go read what their fans said about him. Towards the end of the loan, he didn't really try, he didn't track back. That's in excusable.

Usually, yes. But not at Forest. Just go read what their fans said about him. Towards the end of the loan, he didn't really try, he didn't track back. That's in excusable.

Reaction was mixed but the more measured responses acknowledged that he was simply the wrong player for them. They all knew exactly what he could do because they saw it at Watford, but they never really put him in a position to replicate that.

Loans are so hit and miss, it annoys me that Nat played so well for Watford yet we decided to loan him back to another Championship club, last season he should have been playing in the PL... I guarantee if we had Sterling or Shaw in our youth academy they would still to this day be forced out on loan to any old Championship club.

Exactly,I am personally not a huge fan of loaning players multiple times.If a player does as well as Chalobah did for Watford you give him a chance at your club or else he'll just lose heart and lose his focus and desire.We really need to grow some balls and give the likes of MVG,Romeu,Nat,Ake some chances this season.

Loans are so hit and miss, it annoys me that Nat played so well for Watford yet we decided to loan him back to another Championship club, last season he should have been playing in the PL... I guarantee if we had Sterling or Shaw in our youth academy they would still to this day be forced out on loan to any old Championship club.

Worst part, is that we could all tell that Forest was the wrong loan for him. It was so obvious. He wanted to go back to Watford where he already knew the players and fit in well, but the club sent him to Forrest because they offered to pay 10k/wk more of his wages!

Really curious as to what Jose's playing at with Chalobah. Omeruo has already had his loan to Boro confirmed, so you'd assume Nat isn't going there but he's got very little time in midfield so far and has been used in defence primarily but with Zouma being given the 5 shirt you'd have thought he would be ahead of him in that pecking order.

Worst case scenario is that we delay loaning him like we did last season and he ends up in the wrong place again. It's frustrating seeing Romeu selected in that DM spot as well, although that's partly down to us not having enough defenders for the first couple of games. Fingers crossed he gets 45 minutes in the next game with Cesc likely to only get the first-half.

But then you have the problem of Mikel and Ramires coming back.

"Problem" of mikel and ramires????? Problem!!! Really!!! So we should sell rambo, romeu, mvg so that poor nat can get his chance.

He is not been plaued in the mid cos we have ATLEAST 6 better players than him and that is without includong ake.

"Problem" of mikel and ramires????? Problem!!! Really!!! So we should sell rambo, romeu, mvg so that poor nat can get his chance.

He is not been plaued in the mid cos we have ATLEAST 6 better players than him and that is without includong ake.

It's nice you didn't overreact to his comment or anything.... Jesus. He meant problem as in being behind them in the pecking order, and that they haven't had their own pre season chances to prove themselves and their fitness to Mourinho. So naturally they'll almost definitely be picked over him. Pre season is a chance to prove yourself. He should've been given a chance in the midfield before these players came back but Mourinho evidently doesn't see a future for him there.

It's nice you didn't overreact to his comment or anything.... Jesus. He meant problem as in being behind them in the pecking order, and that they haven't had their own pre season chances to prove themselves and their fitness to Mourinho. So naturally they'll almost definitely be picked over him. Pre season is a chance to prove yourself. He should've been given a chance in the midfield before these players came back but Mourinho evidently doesn't see a future for him there.

Well Mikel probably is a problem. He's on high wages, a long contract and is apparently unwanted by any team even at a 'bargain' price.

And pray tell me why exactly does not jose see a future for him in the DM role? Simple cos he is not good enough.

Pre season is about FITNESS of the players. Producing what's been practised in the training. The only reason we are playing these youth players is cos we dint have many first teaners around. Its BARELY about a chance cos believe me, jose's mind would have been nade up long before the pre season started about what his squad would have been. Dont think a couple of friendlies would change him. Take zouma for example. He has been poor in the last 2 ganes but I am willing to put everything on a bet that he is a chelsea player regardless of what happens in the pre season.

Well Mikel probably is a problem. He's on high wages, a long contract and is apparently unwanted by any team even at a 'bargain' price.

Mikel is a general problem. His lack of development and progress over the last 3/4 years has been staggeringly bad. Getting rid of him and Torres is going to be a challenge to say the least...