Fabio Coentrao joins Real Madrid

the wes

He is adopted LB mate, he started playing at LW and probably plays best at LW. His defense isn't that good, but he is very dangerous going forward when playing LB.

Many multi-dimensional player, a left wing is extremely fast. chai.gif

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHELSEA'S hopes of landing Fabio Coentrao have been boosted after it was revealed that Real Madrid's move for the Benfica defender is in tatters.

Jose Mourinho was set to sign the left-back for a fee of about £21million but complications delayed the deal and now Benfica chairman Luis Filipe Vieira has told Madrid to trigger the defender's £25m release clause or forget it.

But it is unclear whether Madrid want to pay the full amount, especially having previously agreed a lower fee for the player.

Now new Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas wants the 23-year-old - and the confusion with Real Madrid could allow him to snatch Coentrao from under the nose of his former boss Mourinho.

Although Villas-Boas already boasts Ashley Cole in his squad, it is understood that he wants to sign his compatriot Coentrao because of his versatility in defence and midfield.

Coentrao has kicked off at Benfica because they want to sell to cfc instead of Real.He wants Real move. Supposedly stormed off from training

from twitter

This guy would add the creativity and flair ,that we desperately need, to the team. And contrary to popular opinion on here I don't see why his arrival would threaten Ashley cole's career at Chelsea since he's predominantly a LW'r.. if anything, malouda and Zhirhov would be the players to make way. if Ashley eventually leaves, Bertrand should be his replacement imho. I believe he's ready.

This guy would add the creativity and flair ,that we desperately need, to the team. And contrary to popular opinion on here I don't see why his arrival would threaten Ashley cole's career at Chelsea since he's predominantly a LW'r.. if anything, malouda and Zhirhov would be the players to make way. if Ashley eventually leaves, Bertrand should be his replacement imho. I believe he's ready.

I agree bertrand is ready!

Absolutely agreed. I'd rather us risk signing a half-decent winger like Nilmar than go out and buy a full-back and play him as a winger... hey, why don't we play Ferreira on the right wing while we're at it?