blueboy9

Yeah, a tie was probably a fair result, but I'm sure both teams will be disappointed as both pretty much had the game won at some point.

Still one of best matches, 2 great tons, especially Strauss, has to be one of the best tons in English cricket history.

However, I am disappointed for India, the bowlers and fielders have to show some urgency, can't be lackadaisical in your approach, this isn't some meaningless tournament.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a tie was probably a fair result, but I'm sure both teams will be disappointed as both pretty much had the game won at some point.

Still one of best matches, 2 great tons, especially Strauss, has to be one of the best tons in English cricket history.

However, I am disappointed for India, the bowlers and fielders have to show some urgency, can't be lackadaisical in your approach, this isn't some meaningless tournament.

problem is ..it doesnt really start till the knock out stage

At 280-2, we had it won.

At 290-6 we had it lost

It was going so easy but we took a daft powerplay at a daft time when all they needed to do was carry on the same way and give bell a runner. We decided to just go for it and it almost turned into a disaster.

Nobody deserved to lose tho so glad we got a point. We'll both go through anyway tho.

500 balls bowled + the extra balls for like wides, NBs etc and both teams get 338.... that just shouldn't happen.

Shahzad's 6 was the biggest shot in the match. I watched the whole game, fuck the CC final, i watched the best of the CC Final anyway :)

Edited by OllieCFC

Great game wasn't it ... I had given up when Strauss and Bell were going hammer and tongs ... but I should've known better - this Indian side can make a comeback at any point in the game. Yes the bowling and fielding were atrocious but a tie is a good feeling after what was looking to be a pretty easy walkover for England.

Marvellous innings from Strauss and Sachin .... haven't had such a good sport Sunday in a while.