blueboy9

CHAMPIONS.. CHAMPIONS.. OLE OLE!! CHAMPIOOOOOOOONS!

My word what a match! I was bricking myself when they made 96 off the last 10 overs! Zaheer was amazing as usual, and the fielding was amazing from Yuvraj & Raina!

Was even more worried when Malinga took out Sehwag & Tendulkar, but what a recovery by Kholi (one of the future ones!) & Ghambir. Dhoni finally came back to life & Yuvraj solid as ever! The latter most definitely deserves player of the tournament! What an all-rounder he's become now!

:champions:

Mumbai is rocking :D

It's 3.30 am, match ended around 11.30 pm ish and the streets are filled with people waving flags, chanting and having a merry time. You can guarantee the country will be partying for a week atleast!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mumbai is rocking :D

It's 3.30 am, match ended around 11.30 pm ish and the streets are filled with people waving flags, chanting and having a merry time. You can guarantee the country will be partying for a week atleast!

Ahaha good to hear!

In my area we have a large Indian community so there was a total gridlock as we took to the streets, we hijacked buses and sat on cars & all that. It was okay since the drivers were happy to play along and even the police didn't mind :) . One of the best days ever, a great tribute for Tendulkar & Kirsten who'll probably leave now?

IPL in two weeks LMAO. I don't think India will send a full strength squad when they tour England this summer now. I'll still go anyway :D

Ahaha good to hear!

In my area we have a large Indian community so there was a total gridlock as we took to the streets, we hijacked buses and sat on cars & all that. It was okay since the drivers were happy to play along and even the police didn't mind :) . One of the best days ever, a great tribute for Tendulkar & Kirsten who'll probably leave now?

IPL in two weeks LMAO. I don't think India will send a full strength squad when they tour England this summer now. I'll still go anyway :D

Do you live in Southall??? - re: the match I wish Dhoni would have played like that the whole torunement and put himself up to 5......I had him at 80-1 to be top run scorer!!!

Do you live in Southall??? - re: the match I wish Dhoni would have played like that the whole torunement and put himself up to 5......I had him at 80-1 to be top run scorer!!!

The way Yuvraj played, I think it wasn't such a bad decision. Cause Yuvi's batting helped him gain confidence in his bowling too. Yuvraj's bowling was more valuable for us than his batting, especially since we had no one capable of taking those extra few wickets and bowling those extra 10 overs.

Nah mate, Queensbury :)

Heard Southall was rocking as always though! As was Ealing Road & Queensbury! The Indian take-over :lol:

I'm not indian but from Greenford so know Southall well. Indian people tell me it is more Indian than India!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

A very interesting England vs Sri Lanka test series going on atm lol. First test rained for more than 2 days and we got Sri Lanka all out for 80 odd to win impossibly. Second test England were 22/3 and are now 465/9 after just an hour and a half of day 2. England are just a nationality that do things the hard way always in everything we do.

A very interesting England vs Sri Lanka test series going on atm lol. First test rained for more than 2 days and we got Sri Lanka all out for 80 odd to win impossibly. Second test England were 22/3 and are now 465/9 after just an hour and a half of day 2. England are just a nationality that do things the hard way always in everything we do.

I simply love English tours, super excited for our tour there next month. This is the real game for me - Test cricket is what it's all about. IPL and Twenty 20 have spoiled the game for ones like me who look forward to the true test of a player's skill, technique and temperament.

India-England always seem to have a fascinating series in them (except when you come here - because we end up mauling you :D) and it'll be great to watch the legends like Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman one last time on a full fledged English tour.

• 1 month later...

Alright lads, get ready for a pasting. English tours are always great stuff to look forward to. Tendulkar's gearing up for a 100th 100 at international level, really hope he gets it at Lord's in the first test, he's never got one there. I see we got comprehensively outplayed in the Somerset tour game, but that was on the cards, we're slow starters anyway. Any of you going to the games?

Have you ever tried watching T20 cricket, Blue In Green? Basically it is twenty overs a side (an over is six deliveries) and is a very attacking form of the game. It is essentially baseball played with cricket rules, I really think you'd like it.

Tried to

watch Australia-Bangladesh a few months ago. Good lord, cricket takes forever. I

only watched long enough to figure out the rules. :wacko:

Honestly, I think us Yanks improved upon the concept with baseball, but each to

their own...

5 years ago I would have argued with you but now addicted to MLB

Have you ever tried watching T20 cricket, Blue In Green? Basically it is twenty overs a side (an over is six deliveries) and is a very attacking form of the game. It is essentially baseball played with cricket rules, I really think you'd like it.

Cricket broadcasts are extremely hard to come by in the States. Australia-Bangladesh was on ESPN3.com, and cricket isn't put on there often.

Yeah I was half-expecting that to be the case. In fairness I used to love baseball, I used to watch it on our Channel 5 in the early hours if I couldn't sleep when I was a kid. Now I prefer cricket, just an English thing I suppose!!

Cook and Strauss = Zaheer Khan's bunnies.

Told you so :D

Disappointed with our bowling effort in fairness, losing Zaheer was a big blow but Dhoni could have used his bowlers better, especially Harbhajan who I thought was rather defensive. I mentioned earlier we're slow starters and we lived up to that reputation again, the bowlers wasted the conditions on offer and didn't bowl the right length.

With the prospect of a batting-friendly day tomorrow, expect us to now try and play for a draw.