blueboy9

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it wonderful to see Englishmen raving about their South African? :whistling:

not bad,...so.what you saying, we shouldn't embrace people from foreign countries, help them blend into the fabric of our society and give them the same opportunities that English born people get ?

KP qualified for England the day he was born,through having an English mother..since then he`s lived here 11 years,married to an English woman(fathered a kid with her). in a multi-cultural country such as England. he is as English as me. (i am half Welsh..ha)

Indian background, but born & raised in England :)

i take it India is your team you rooting for then mate..fair enough,is your choice and all that..i used to cheer England against Netherlands when i lived in Amsterdam..

i actually quite like India myself,always have..i met Ravi Shastri and Sunil Gavaskar in about 1984. i also met Desmond Haynes,Viv Richards and Malcolm Marshall around the same time too tho..so it`s a case of England ahead naturally..then India or Windies..but also really anyone whose playing the Aussies too. (just a sporting rivalry)

just don`t be one of those peeps that cheers whoever wins.

to get back on track..

India 259 runs behind with 5 1st innings wickets remaining. interesting game..looks like it could end up potentially being a classic. i think the England bowling attack superiority is gonna give us the edge 2-1. when all said and done.

i take it India is your team you rooting for then mate..fair enough,is your choice and all that..i used to cheer England against Netherlands when i lived in Amsterdam..

i actually quite like India myself,always have..i met Ravi Shastri and Sunil Gavaskar in about 1984. i also met Desmond Haynes,Viv Richards and Malcolm Marshall around the same time too tho..so it`s a case of England ahead naturally..then India or Windies..but also really anyone whose playing the Aussies too. (just a sporting rivalry)

just don`t be one of those peeps that cheers whoever wins.

Wow, you're lucky, meeting the old guard!

I've met most of this current Indian team when I saw them play in Sri Lanka once (I was there on holiday, purely coincidental). But yes, India will be my first team in cricket, no matter what. I only back England in the Ashes, I'm obliged to hate Australia :lol:

not bad,...so.what you saying, we shouldn't embrace people from foreign countries, help them blend into the fabric of our society and give them the same opportunities that English born people get ?

KP qualified for England the day he was born,through having an English mother..since then he`s lived here 11 years,married to an English woman(fathered a kid with her). in a multi-cultural country such as England. he is as English as me. (i am half Welsh..ha)

Haha you're easy to wind up :D

I find it a bit odd that the likes of KP, Trott, Prior - all South Africa born find a place in the English lineup. I'd argue they aren't good enough for the S. Africa side, but that's my opinion. I do find it a bit unfair though that England should take away players from Ireland for example (Ed Joyce, Eoin Morgan). Think of how much more competitive a minnow like Ireland would be if they had the quality of Morgan to call upon.

You met Gavaskar? Was he snooty? :D

Sorry end to what promised to be an excellent reply. 286 is fairly poor considering the conditions on offer. Whether Zak comes back for the second innings remains to be seen.

Chuffed for Rahul, my all-time favourite player. You couldn't find a nicer chap in international cricket.

Impressed with Mukund early in the innings. Shame Broad's been on a good spell this innings.

I see this game heading for a draw in all honesty. It's what we are good at :whistling: I don't like Fletcher as a coach. He's less attack minded than his predecessor was. Don't think we'll see Zak till the next test match (even that's questionable). Early wicket would be nice! :)

They did release some statement yesterday saying Zak would be available for the second innings. Be nice if Dhoni adopts a more attacking philosophy this time round and doesn't give away the cheap runs he did earlier. Massive responsibility on Harbhajan as well, needs to live up to his record of playing 97 Tests and claiming 400 + wickets.