blueboy9

So, so sad! I hope people rally around the bowler and he can one day resume his career. He must be shattered right now.

R.I.P Phil Hughes. Such a talented man lost to a freak accident. Thoughts with his family & friends.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devestating, RIP Phil Hughes.

I feel so sorry for Sean Abott and word is he's not going to play again - I hope this isn't true. It's an unfortunate event, but he's not the first and last to bowl a bouncer. I very highly doubt he ever intended this to happen.

It's not solace, however dying doing the thing you love?.. Well, there's worse ways to go.

The Funeral Date Times for Phil Hughes

Local Time for Funeral is Wednesday 3 December 2014 at 2 pm (Sydney, NSW, Australia)

Wednesday 3 December 2014 at 4 pm - NZDT

Wednesday 3 December 2014 at 3 am - England Time

The Funeral will be covered Live on Channel 9 Australia and FoxSports News Australia.

Tomorrow on Sunday 30 November 2014 it will be Phil Hughes 26th Birthday.

The First Test between Australia and India is currently postponed which was to be played on Thursday the 4th December.

Hughes Funeral on December 3; Gabba Test delayed

espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/current/story/805203.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/current/story/805203.html

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute privilege watching the day's cricket so far, it's been a great Test match. Part of the reason why the England tour was so frustrating post Lords is that I know India are capable of playing the way we have in Adelaide. We threw it away there and so need to make sure we get over the line here. Play normally for the next 10-12 overs post tea, if we're still just 2 or 3 down with about 115-120 to get, go for it. I wouldn't mind any result here; just really pleased to watch a proper Test match that proves once again why it's the ultimate form of the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're so bloody wank. It's going to be the worst world cup defence since Sri Lanka in '99.

What's the media build-up to the cup been like in India? Massive expectation placed on your team as defending champs I'm sure? Here in Aus the feeling is still very much that the Indian team is a real threat due to its undoubted class across the 15 man squad (particularly in ODI cricket), despite a poor showing in this Tri Series.

What's the media build-up to the cup been like in India? Massive expectation placed on your team as defending champs I'm sure? Here in Aus the feeling is still very much that the Indian team is a real threat due to its undoubted class across the 15 man squad (particularly in ODI cricket), despite a poor showing in this Tri Series.

The media and general public here are always hyper-expectant, mate. The good thing about that is that the players learn from a young age to be relatively immune to what goes on outside; it's the reason you'll see us in the latter stages of most ICC events. Personally speaking, I think we've got some serious stuff to sort out ... there's no settled opening pair and all 3 are out of form, Kohli's being shifted around for no reason, lower order batsmen are unreliable and the pace attack is ill-disciplined and lacks variety. I expect us to get out the group of course (getting the usual routine victory over Pakistan, no doubt :D) but I'd be staggered if we make the semis. It's Australia's to lose as far as I'm concerned.

The media and general public here are always hyper-expectant, mate. The good thing about that is that the players learn from a young age to be relatively immune to what goes on outside; it's the reason you'll see us in the latter stages of most ICC events. Personally speaking, I think we've got some serious stuff to sort out ... there's no settled opening pair and all 3 are out of form, Kohli's being shifted around for no reason, lower order batsmen are unreliable and the pace attack is ill-disciplined and lacks variety. I expect us to get out the group of course (getting the usual routine victory over Pakistan, no doubt :D) but I'd be staggered if we make the semis. It's Australia's to lose as far as I'm concerned.

All very true. I agree that the pace attack is certainly not an area of strength, which could prove to be an area where India loses out to other teams if it swings in NZ and Hobart and bounces in Brisbane and Perth. All this does is places more pressure on Ashwin (who I really rate) and the batsmen to get it right. I think Dhawan's attitude and form on this whole tour has been an absolute shipwreck, they'd be better off without him.

I still reckon Rohit, Rahane and Kohli can dominate the tournament though. Fair and even conditions permitting, this could be one of the closest World Cups in a long time.

All very true. I agree that the pace attack is certainly not an area of strength, which could prove to be an area where India loses out to other teams if it swings in NZ and Hobart and bounces in Brisbane and Perth. All this does is places more pressure on Ashwin (who I really rate) and the batsmen to get it right. I think Dhawan's attitude and form on this whole tour has been an absolute shipwreck, they'd be better off without him.

I still reckon Rohit, Rahane and Kohli can dominate the tournament though. Fair and even conditions permitting, this could be one of the closest World Cups in a long time.

Thing with Ash is he can only hurt teams in places like Oz and NZ if he's provided with some help from the seamers. They need to soften up the opposition with some new ball wickets and let Ashwin and Jadeja try and spin a web around the middle and lower order batsmen - this they're not capable of. We don't have bowlers who are wicket-takers, nor do we have have ones who'll tie up one end (bar maybe Bhuvi when it swings and seams in NZ)

Rahane is our best Test batsman alongside Kohli but he's prone to playing too many loose shots in ODIs and gives his wicket away far too often than a guy with his talent should. Rohit is always hit and miss - he'd fit well in a Pakistani team. The problem we have is we just seem clueless about everyone's roles; there's too much tinkering ... it's even led to Kohli losing his touch from the Tests.

I don't think it'll be a close one at all, sadly. You are too strong and too consistent for anyone to bother you but of course in a one-off game anything can happen.

The problem we have is we just seem clueless about everyone's roles; there's too much tinkering
I think this sums up our whole conversation nicely, mate. I reckon it's evident in the test team as well. Hopefully they've at least got some idea of a best XI from the games in this Tri Series - it's the best possible preparation in terms of playing in the conditions that the World Cup will be played in, against two of the teams that they will have to be at some stage to if they want to win it.

They're putting in a good effort to defend this 201 though. Have to get at least one of these two out ASAP!

We're so bloody wank. It's going to be the worst world cup defence since Sri Lanka in '99.

Absolutely shitting it.

Pakistan have a higher chance of making the fucking final than us. Clueless squad, absolutely clueless.