OFFICIAL: Sinclair loaned to Wigan

Steve

Scott Sinclair has today joined Wigan Athletic on loan until the end of the season.

The winger, 20, spent half of last season with Birmingham City, helping them to Premier League promotion after a low key start to the campaign here with the Blues, where he made four appearances.

The England Under 19 international arrived at Chelsea in 2005 from Bristol Rovers, aged just 16, and having already made a league debut for the Pirates.

A Chelsea debut came in early 2007, and was followed by a loan spell at Plymouth Argyle, where he scored one of the FA Cup's goals of the season, a mazy solo effort against Barnet.

His first Chelsea goal came against Hull in the Carling Cup that September, before further temporary spells in that campaign away from Stamford Bridge at QPR, Charlton and Crystal Palace.

Scott travelled with the squad on this summer's US Tour, playing 45 minutes in games against Seattle Sounders and Club America, and now links up with Roberto Martinez's side for his first top flight loan.

Source: Chelsea FC

----------------------

I think this is good thing. Scott is now 20 years old when he get back from the lone he will be 21. I think this will help him mature a lot in the EPL and hopefully come back a lot more experienced.

Edited by STEV3O

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this is the oppertunity that has been awaiting for him, getting match play in the lower part of the EPL to gain confidence for when he comes bakc to the higher part, hopefully he can gain knowledge about the style of play and get's alot of goals in this season for Wigan to show Carlo he means business for the first team

Future England international?? Maybe one day :thumbsup:

Well I think it shows promise for di Santo and Sinclair if they are being loaned out to top-flight opposition. I was keen to see Sinclair go on loan to a top division side this season because it is a lot easier to track his progress and assess his qualities. If he has a decent spell at Wigan then there will most likely be a place for him in the squad next term. But with Sinclair now out on loan and Joe Cole nowhere near full fitness, we only have two recognised wide players in the squad - Malouda and Yuri.

Disappointed with the way Sinclair case has been handled. And alot has to be blamed on constant change of managers. Jose Mourinho gave an 18 yrs old Sinclair a start against Arsenal and he was fantastic at emriates. He played few games under Jose Mourinho and I beleive had Mourinho stayed, Sinclair would have been pushing Joe Cole by now. But new managers every seasons has hampered his growth and im disapointed to see him go on loan every season.

Hopefully, this loan to a premier league club would help him grow as a player. And I hope to see him next yearin the Chelsea squad.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud.....but didnt we say all this when he went to Plymouth a few years ago, and I'm sure it was said again when he was on loan last season. It'll be good for him....blah blah blah

I think if he was going to stake a genuine claim in the first team he'd have done it by now. Ben Sahar Mark II imo.

Sahar was never going to play at Pompey, they had Crouch, Defoe, Utaka, etc. when he was there. Sinclair is a genuine replacement from Valencia.

Hopefully.

However, if the diamond still continues, theres probably no place for him?

Sahar was never going to play at Pompey, they had Crouch, Defoe, Utaka, etc. when he was there. Sinclair is a genuine replacement from Valencia.

Sahar had been loaned out all over the place, just like Sinclair.

Its only a matter of time before he(Sinclair) moves on permanently.

There is no reason why Sinclair can't go to Wigan and do well. He has all the ability and it is now just down to getting the games under his belt. He needs a good run of games, which he hasn't really had for a long while. Playing in the Premier League is great for him and he can cope with it.

Sahar had been loaned out all over the place, just like Sinclair.

Its only a matter of time before he(Sinclair) moves on permanently.

Sahar never really impressed me when he was out on loan. Sinclair did. I think he holds a lot more promise.