Open training day

Not sure if I imagined it lol but on yesterday's blues news did it say on the bottom of the screen that the 'fans day' will be on the 24th of August?

If yes, anyone else going?

Its always a good opportunity to get autographs, I've managed to meet Lamps, JT, A.Cole, Kalou and Quaresma on past open training days.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went last year and found it incredibly boring. Left after half hour.

To be fair the training is boring but the best bit is meeting the players afterwards especially if you stay for about an hour after the training finishes they are usually out and about and its quite easy to meet them, depending on how many people have stayed.

Sorry guys, looks as if i got the date wrong but its only 1 day later lol its on the 25th of August :)

<h3 class="headline" id="headline">WATCH TRAINING FOR FREE </h3>Posted on: Tue 04 Aug 2009 Carlo Ancelotti will be hosting his first open training session at Stamford Bridge this month.

Fans can come and watch their favourite team train for free on Tuesday 25 August, as our Italian manager prepares his side to face Burnley, fresh from an away match to Fulham.

The Blues will be put through passing drills, formation and tactics practice and short games. There may even be a penalty shoot-out to commence the session.

Gates will open at 9.30am and training will begin at 11am. Once the session has finished, Frankie's Sports Bar and Grill will be open for any peckish fans looking for some lunch and the Stadium Megastore will be on hand to supply anyone with the new season's kit, scarves and hats.

The training session at the beginning of last season saw over 14,000 fans come and watch their footballing idols practicing skills on the hallowed turf of our west London home.

Where you at last season's open training session? Click here and tell us your thoughts on the event.

Source: http://www.chelseafc.com/news/watch-training-for-free-20090804_2243335_1742684

Watching training really doesnt bother me i have other sources to get autographs mainly through someone i lost contact woth years ago who i met again last season who it turns out helps out all the portugese players over here with family stuff etc. He is going to arrange for me and my dad to go to the training ground to meet the players which will be cool.

I feel its a shame for the younger fans that this is the only way they can see training and meet with todays players, i am only 21 but grew up as a kid going to harlington( the old training ground loads in the holidays as my dad worked near there, we used to stand pratically at first on the edge of the pitch , as time grew by and bigger stars were attracted you ahd to stand by the building and the players would always stop and sign everything on their way in.

If the players were not busy a couple would have a kick about with the kids after which was amazing at that age, i remember going to the training ground the day of my 15th birthday and when the steward there found out it was my brithday getting invited in and having lunch after training with the players and getting a load of signed stuff.

I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it at stamford bridge? I will be in London on the 21st, I would lvoe tthis or anything?o go and meet some of the players. anyone know if i have to reserve tickets for this?

I'm not sure whether you have to reserve tickets, but the Club should be able to advise on such matters. I think it is at Stamford Bridge, I would guess you will need to get there early to get a good seat.