Open training day

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea playerswere booed by their own fans after the club's refusal to allow them tosign autographs due to safety concerns at an open day.Accordingto a report in the Independent, over 8,000 Chelsea supporters turned upto watch an open training session at Stamford Bridge.However, they were left disappointed when the crowd was told by an announcer that none of the players would be singing anything.Theannouncement reportedly spoiled what had been a positive atmosphere asthe fans watched their favourite players put through their paces.Englandmidfielder Joe Cole was awarded a particularly warm reception as hecompleted his first training session on return from injury.Cole has not played since January when he ruptured cruciate ligaments against Southend in the FA Cup.Chelsea take on Burnley at Stamford Bridge on Saturday in the Premier League.Colewill be unavailable but otherwise manager Carlo Ancelotti has afully-fit squad from which to choose from, with only Alex (groin) andNicolas Anelka (toe) slight doubts.

expressbuzz.com

That was one of the best day's of my life! The training was pretty boring but I waited outside the ground for about 3 hours after the training and I met 10 of the players: Terry, Lamps, Drogba, J.Cole and A.Cole, Turnball, Riccy, Paulo, Deco and Bosingwa! bloody brillant took them ages to come out because they were eating in the restaurant but loads of us stayed outside shouting for them to come out. Terry was the first out as usual, but there was so much pushing, which is expected.

Overall a fantastic day!

Absolutely gutted. It just shows that things comes to those who wait. Did you get all of their autographs and have photos taken with them?

I did get all of their autographs, I'm going to put some of the pics up soon. I couldnt get any pictures with the players because of how many people there were but I did get a few pictures of them.

But to be fair seems never a guarntee about getting autographs etc.Mean went to the Star on a stool do dah last night and a few did get somes bit signed but the speed security took them out you were lucky if you did get anything signed and some did moan but in the letter did say it was not intended to meet them etc.

Yeah i hung around after the Coventry game last season and got a few autographs, the players try and get through as many as they can but they are limited to time.

My other autographs have come from megastore signings, there's always gonna be plenty of opportunities to meet the players.