Seattle Sounders vs Chelsea

Shane

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel we shouldn't forget about Hutchinson. I think he is pretty good. Making those last ditch tackles and body blocks!!!

Shevchenko is decent, but seriously I expected more out of him, probably because of age?!

BTW, the width problem is true. Sinclair and Malouda played into middle more then making runs at the side. Malouda doesn't do well in the middle....

Some images from yesterday's match:

Ancelotti looks on.

Seattle-Ancelotti.jpg

Petr Cech catches under pressure.

Seattle-PetrCech.jpg

Andrei Shevchenko takes on his marker.

Seattle-Shevchenko.jpg

The Blues prepare for the fixture.

Seattle-thelineup.jpg

Malouda leads the celebrations after Sturridge opens the scoring.

Seattle-AshLampardMaloudaandDanny.jpg

Just managed to catch the highlights...

Great finish by Sturridge, and a great ball threaded through to Anelka in the lead up to the second goal. He looks promising, and I've also got a feeling that Di Santo will make an impact this year.

Think we have a great mixture of players atm, With Lampard, Ballack, Drogba and Niko all in there 30s, But with good young players like Sturridge, Hutchsion, Di Santo and Sinclair bound to be getting a few games this season, With the players inbetween like Essien, JT, Malouda, Zhirkov etc

Hoping to see a Zhirkov - Lampard - Essien - Deco combination against Inter with Di Santo and Drogba up front.

Sam Hutchinson, impressed me. With his last ditch tackles. He will only improve, needs to play more. Hope he gets some games this season in Cups.

Sinclair, was good too playing in the middle. There was one move he made in the middle where he turned the oppsition defender in the wrong way and passed it to the right wing. That move was class. I would like to see Him give competition for Joe Cole on the Right Wing. Hope he gets to play around 15-20 games in total with atleast 6-7 Starts.

hopefully the return of sheva's infamous blonde locks will revitalize his career :rolleyes:

nice about the locks, maybe he will blind some defenders with his stunning new look. i actually felt sheva played fairly well; however, some of the flow that was created was eventually stalled by pizarro, i just couldn't believe how much he lost the ball.

as others have noted, disanto and sturridge played very well and deserve to see more first time action.

Was very pleased with this game. First half was great stuff by us. Solid back 4, midfield did very well. And i must say i was impresses with Deco actually, his passing was sublime. I would never play him in the holding role in the premier league but he put in a very good performance. Sturridge and Anelka linked up very well and Sturridge did himself the world of good with that goal.

Second half i didn't think we was as fluid. Partly because the set up just didn't work properly, Sheva, Pizarro, Di Santo and Sinclair all playing didn't work too well. Di Santo must be one of the most unluckiest strikers ever! Pizarro looked as clumsy as every and Sheva could have got overtaken by a snail :) Hutchinson did well at left back, couple of times got caught out positionally but overall did fine!

Just what we would have hoped from the first game really. Good to see Sturridge and Di Santo showing what they offer us!

on a side note Freddy Montero for Seattle looked pretty good, ive seen him play 2 or 3 times now hes impressive. hes been getting some looks from european clubs and will make the switch soon im sure. hes columbian only 21, he could be a decent player in spain or somewhere soon.

Edited by ChelseaUSA