Seattle Sounders vs Chelsea

Shane

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He cant even control the ball, what the shit is he still doing in our squad?

And Drew Carey, Man I used to love his show, I still remember that ugly office lady, she was a pisser.

Why exactly didn't the africans play? Something about bad fittness?

I think it was because they reported to training late so Carlo wanted to give them a day off to rest.

A few thoughts and observations after seeing it.

I dont think thats the way Ancelotti will set up the side in the community shield or for the rest of the season. I thought it was interesting as for most of the second half he seemed to go with a 4-3-1-2 which is an old system he used to employ at AC Milan. The thing about it was that even though he had wide men on the pitch at different times ( Malouda and Sinclair ) neither were played out wide. The width was provided by Cole and Bosingwa. Personally I dont think that will work in the premier league , but if he is going to use that then the man behind the two strikers needs to be a really top class player because its not easy to create chances if everything is going to be going down the middle.

Sturridge looked really reeally good , I was well and truly impressed by him. Di Santo also played well and could have had agoal or two. Deco did well in the middle. Sheva looked pretty good in the playmaker role , he still seems to have a bit of pace about him and can pick a pass and make intelligent runs , he is worth hanging on to. Jhon Terry was excellent , I thought he did a really great job.

In terms of negatives , Hilario was a disaster , it was heart in mouth sort of stuff even though it was only a pre season game. Pizzaro is past it , every time he touched the ball he seemed to lose it , he had like the opposite of glue on his boots.

Fitness levels looked good , pity about the lack of Drogba and Essien , hopefully we will learn more when we play Inter.

Highlights of the game, Sturridge and Di Santo.

What a crisp Goal by Sturridge and that Pass to Anelka that set up Lampard for goal was fucking sweet. He is pretty similar to Anelka at Arsenal.

Di Santo sent their Defense crazy. I am surprised to see the pace Di Santo has. He should have had a hattrick had it not been for the brilliant Goalkeeping and last ditch clearancees.

Would like to see more of Di Santo and Sturridge.