Steve Sidwell

Aesthetic Relic

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, Esk, Shevchenko is one of the very few players who tries all the time even when the world is against him.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all. But he has lost everything that made him what he was, mentally i am not sure he can recover with us, especially considering we can't afford this season to give him a chance to recover. Unless we start playing 2 up top i don't think Sheva will make a comeback for us...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell has emerged as a summer transfer target for Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Eriksson could have as much as £50million to spend on new players this summer as he looks to turn City into a team capable of breaking into the Champions League and one of the first signings that he wants to make is Sidwell, who moved to Stamford Bridge on a free transfer last summer.

The former Reading man has mainly had to settle for a place on the Chelsea bench and is known to be growing increasingly frustrated at the lack of starts.

Eriksson believes the 25-year-old could be the midfield enforcer that his side have so badly missed this season and a swoop looks to be on the cards.

The City boss is a close friend of Roman Abramovich and is hoping that could smooth the path towards a deal for Sidwell.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/706845.html

• 2 months later...

Not too upset to see him go, for the best of his career. Good luck to him at Villa, and a cracking bit of business as well. Cheers for being solid when we needed you, Stevie, and thanks for that cracker against Hull!

now if benhaim, pizarro and belletti rake in another 10 million, we'd have made up for bosingwa's fees and reduced drastically on the wage bill..

We'll get much more than that for the three of them, but I don't think Belletti will leave. Pizarro will go to a German club, most likely.

We'll get much more than that for the three of them, but I don't think Belletti will leave. Pizarro will go to a German club, most likely.

Yup, a few German clubs already interested in him. We will make good business out of Sidwell, Pizarro and Ben Haim.

It is clear from these dissapointments that it is better for us to sign young players as squad players instead of these average players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You