Ballack

Ballack is a player who i think must be sold this summer. He will be 33 this september and he did not score many goals last season. I think we should replace him with a young hungry player, someone like wesley sneijder. We have lampard who is no spring chicken but still produces, so i think we should bring down the age of our midfield. Wesley sneijder has fantastic attacking drive and a brilliant shot, he is also really creative too.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a Ballack fan either. The guy is past it , luckily though with Essien we have a player than can play in a holding midfield role or in a more attacking role in midfield , because of this we can sign either an attacking midfielder or a holding midifleder to replace Ballack and Essien can slot into the other position.

The best thing that Ballack could do for his career is to chop down Lampard in training. He fits best into that type of role, however kind of like Gerrard and Lampard both of them can't play the same role, leaving Ballack to play as a DM. Watch him play for Germany, he's used very differently and very much more effectively.

We are fucking off our youngster by holding on to these old legs who are passed their peaks.

We all know the midfield will be betwen Essien, Mikel, Lampard, may be Ballack has been brought in to add as a experienced back up for Champions League games. But I hope we give more games to Mellis this season.

Why does everyone hate Ballack? I didn't see you around when he scored those goals vs. United and Newcastle in the end of the 08/09 season? He's German captain for something, and adds great depth.

Why does everyone hate Ballack? I didn't see you around when he scored those goals vs. United and Newcastle in the end of the 08/09 season? He's German captain for something, and adds great depth.

It's not about "hate" just that he's past it now.

however i'm not too fussed if he stays or not

Agreed, Ballack is a player we don't need but certainly a player I don't mind keeping, he can still contribute.

Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack faces a fight to be fit for the start of the new season after picking up an injury in training.

Ballack sustained a toe injury during Chelsea's trip to the United States and he has been ruled out of the rest of the tour.

The 32-year-old has been forced to return to England to have treatment on the injury.

It is feared the German may have broken his toe, meaning Ballack is a major doubt for the Community Shield against Manchester United on 9th August and the start of the Premier League season at home to Hull on 15th August.

Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti confirmed Ballack is struggling with a toe problem, but that he has no other injury concerns to deal with.

"Ballack yesterday took a knock on the toe, but everybody else is okay and didn't have injuries in this period," Ancelotti told the club's official website.