Ballack

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone hate Ballack? I didn't see you around when he scored those goals vs. United and Newcastle in the end of the 08/09 season? He's German captain for something, and adds great depth.

Agreed. I think it was a good idea to keep a quality and experienced player like him for one more year. He is past his best but remember there is The African Nations cup on in jan/feb!!! So we will need him for cover(Mikel & Essien) and if there was a penalty shoot out in the later stages of the CL he'd be second on my list of takers after Lampard.

Agreed. I think it was a good idea to keep a quality and experienced player like him for one more year. He is past his best but remember there is The African Nations cup on in jan/feb!!! So we will need him for cover(Mikel & Essien) and if there was a penalty shoot out in the later stages of the CL he'd be second on my list of takers after Lampard.

Lamps is English, Ballack first. ^_^

I just think Ballack gets a bit overshadowed by the performances of Lampard and Essien, i dont think people take too much notice of how much Ballack actually contributes towards the team each and every game.

:lol:

Ballack does his job and is very reliable, and I have always liked him. He is a scapegoat IMO.

What does he do though i dont get it. What does he add to our team except heading ability, which by the way lampard scored more headers then him last season. He is a waste of space its like we are playing with 10 men in my opinion. Lets get him off the wage bill and buy wesley sneijder who has attacking drive and ability to score away from home when we need it most.

What does he do though i dont get it. What does he add to our team except heading ability, which by the way lampard scored more headers then him last season. He is a waste of space its like we are playing with 10 men in my opinion. Lets get him off the wage bill and buy wesley sneijder who has attacking drive and ability to score away from home when we need it most.

Its not always about attack and flair, Ballack brings experience, tactical awareness, Brilliant positional play and a masterful ability to read the game. he is also a superb passer of the ball and a big physical presence in the midfield. He brings so much that people dont see.

Its not always about attack and flair, Ballack brings experience, tactical awareness, Brilliant positional play and a masterful ability to read the game. he is also a superb passer of the ball and a big physical presence in the midfield. He brings so much that people dont see.

Spot on. He doesn't have the flair of Deco or Lampard's goalscoring ability, but he brings steele and security into the midfield, which is needed when you want to unleash Lampard and Essien and the wingers. He is very much like Makelele in my opinion - his true work isn't appreciated or noticed.

Spot on. He doesn't have the flair of Deco or Lampard's goalscoring ability, but he brings steele and security into the midfield, which is needed when you want to unleash Lampard and Essien and the wingers. He is very much like Makelele in my opinion - his true work isn't appreciated or noticed.

Quality defensive play is often over-looked im afraid, just use our two games against Barcelona as a great example

Laugh out loud hahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: are you talking about lampard. Ballack is a load of shit he is a LAZY BIG SHIT ! did you see the impact essien made on our midfield after his injury, lol you would think we had been playing with 10 men since he was gone lol.

You mention quality defensive play... I think he's a good stopper in midfield simply because he will slide tackle the shit out of anyone making a run just to stop the attacking motion of the team. I don't think there's anything particularly special about Ballack's defensive abilities, just the fact that he's willing to go to ground and sacrifice a yellow card for himself to allow the team to get back to shape.

My biggest issue with Ballack is watching him play for Germany then watching him play for us. Maybe it's the fact he's not playing at the top of the diamond because of Frank, but he's absolutely world class when he plays for Germany. When he plays for us he's a decent distributor, but during some games last year he really made some dumb passes and his finishing and free kicks have been pretty poor this past year.

Originally I wanted him to leave, but I think he's going to provide some excellent depth and hopefully not at the expense of Mikel (who does a far superior job in the holding role than Ballack).

For me, my hatred of Ballack has more to do with who's being kept on the bench than his actual play. Although Ballack is a slow turd.

You mention quality defensive play... I think he's a good stopper in midfield simply because he will slide tackle the shit out of anyone making a run just to stop the attacking motion of the team. I don't think there's anything particularly special about Ballack's defensive abilities, just the fact that he's willing to go to ground and sacrifice a yellow card for himself to allow the team to get back to shape.

My biggest issue with Ballack is watching him play for Germany then watching him play for us. Maybe it's the fact he's not playing at the top of the diamond because of Frank, but he's absolutely world class when he plays for Germany. When he plays for us he's a decent distributor, but during some games last year he really made some dumb passes and his finishing and free kicks have been pretty poor this past year.

Originally I wanted him to leave, but I think he's going to provide some excellent depth and hopefully not at the expense of Mikel (who does a far superior job in the holding role than Ballack).

For me, my hatred of Ballack has more to do with who's being kept on the bench than his actual play. Although Ballack is a slow turd.

Ballack is the spearhead or focal point if you will for Germany, at Chelsea he is not which is why he is out shined by Frank and Co. When Lampard doesnt play, then we see Ballack step up to the plate, His performances against Barcelona alone last year prove how valuable he is to this Chelsea team. I always feel as though he gives 100% to the team and is willing to sacrifice a lot of his own glory for the benefit of the team. He has been an integeral part of a side consistently competing for Champions Laegue and Premier League titles. So in my opinion he is every bit as important and consistent as any othger of our regulars.

Thejolta touched on the reason Ballack doesn't play as well for Chelsea as Germany, Frank Lampard. It's like Frank and Steven for England; only one player can have that attacking midfielder role.