Henrique Hilario

DavidEU

NEW DEAL

Blues goalkeeper Henrique Hilario has signed a one year contract extension which takes his current deal up until 2013.

The 36-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge in 2006 as back up to Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini, and kept a clean sheet during an impressive debut against Barcelona in the Champions League group stages, a game we won 1-0.

Opportunities have been limited for the Portuguese since his arrival, although an injury to Cech at the beginning of the current campaign saw Hilario play the full 90 minutes in Barclays Premier League victories against both West Bromwich Albion and Norwich.

Since moving to the club, Hilario has made a total of 39 appearances for the Blues with four of those coming as a substitute, keeping 18 clean sheets.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2685532,00.html

So Turnbull will probably be shown the door by the time Thibaut returns, and Delac will take the 3rd choice spot, I'd assume. About time, he's been poor for us.

Delac will not return. He can't even get a game for Dynamo Ceske Budejovice (Exactly. Who?).

I'm assuming Courtois will return, Hilario will leave and Turnbull will take up 3rd choice, as he fills a much needed home grown slot.

Delac will not return. He can't even get a game for Dynamo Ceske Budejovice (Exactly. Who?).

I'm assuming Courtois will return, Hilario will leave and Turnbull will take up 3rd choice, as he fills a much needed home grown slot.

I forgot the home grown thing. Would rep but out of likes for the day :(

We should get a better home grown keeper tho because i think Turnbull is shite. Hilario is a very good keeper, i think he should leave and play because he deserves playing time. Cech may be number 1 for a long time yet and maybe Courtois will decide that he needs to leave. I personally think Cech should be number 1 for the next 2 seasons and then give Courtois his chance. If Cech wants to move on, it's his call. Every position needs rotating as the players get older like Man City with Given and Hart, prime example. Given is top class but Hart has the age and the potential. Mancini did a very good thing there. We need to do the same imo.

• 1 year later...

so, is hilario and turnbull leaving/ hilario retiring? When do their contracts run out? really don't know the situation here and heard a bunch of people saying they were leaving.

According to WAGNH, both of their contracts end this June. I expect Hillario to be retiring but I'm not sure where Ross is headed to. I think we will replace him since we had confirmed interest in Begovic in Jan.