Next Chelsea Manager

With no positive signs that Guus Hiddink will remain the Chelsea manager next season, its important to star lining up a replacement as soon as possible so that when the new manager starts he will have plenty of time to plan his squad for the next season and conclude all of his transfer dealings. That being said, who is the right man for the job? Well lets look at the candidates: Carlo Ancellotti, Slaven Bilic, Gianfranco Zola, Jose Mourinho and Frank Rjikaard. I think we would be wasting our time looking at any others to be honest except for maybe Steve Clarke. Ancellotti doesnt look like he will leave and to be honest cant really see why we would want him, he isnt really a long term option imo. Bilic is too inexperienced, Zola needs more time before he joins Chelsea and we can dream on if we think Ambramovic will hire Mourinho again. That leaves Frank Rjikaard, and I undoubtedly think he is the right man for the job.

He did a fantastic job at Barcelona, they were shite when he took over, he brought in quality players and made them into European champions. They played attractive football, scored goals, entertained and most impotantly, they won games. He turned Samuel Etoó into the worlds best striker imo, turned Xavi from ordinary to world class, and gave birth to Messi and Iniesta, two of the worlds best today. He did all of this without spending enormous amounts of money and laid a platform for years to come.

For me he just ticks so many boxes, he is the right age, could be our manager for years, he is available, he has managed in Europe, he has managed one of the biggest clubs in Europe, won the champions league, managed superstar players, he was an exceptional player and experienced international during his playing days and in all honesty is there a better candidate for the job?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is incredibly hard to try and guess who the next manager is going to be. One thing i think is certain and that is whoever it is will be in place pretty quickly so to make sure that we have the best possible start for next season.

Im sorry but I feel there's no need to even link Mourinho with the job anymore, I think it's pretty much Ancelotti's and I hope Russia fail hard, so Hiddink, can come back and lead us again!

Ancelotti....I am not sure I have ever seen such a different perspective every day....one day he is 100% coming through sources....and another day he is 100% not coming through sources. It seems to differ every day

As for Guus, I couldn't agree more. I want him back....even if our next manager is semi-successful

I would love Hiddink back, in a Director of football role, where he could oversea the entire club, including the youth. With Rjikaard as first team coach where he can concentrate on making our first team the best on the planet

I think he'd just be another Scolari tbh.

I really don't think he could get that bad

Great? No, I agree on that

But, I do think he would be acceptable for us for maybe a year

I am not sure that would be such a terrible thing truth be told but I understand why some want to win NOW before the ending closes with some players

I don't want a manager for just a year though, to be honest. I want some continuity - if we are going to get a new manager we have to give them time to adapt to a new league, and not sack them half-way through the season.

Exactly!!We cant go changing managers every bloody season we'll go almost all of the big name type ones.

Thats the main reason why I like Rjikaard so much and feel he is the obvious candidate. I really cannot think of another manager with the pedigree to become our manager for many years and not just a few months.

AZ Alkmaar have insisted that Dutch manager Louis van Gaal will not be changing clubs this summer.

Newly-crowned Eredivisie champions Alkmaar are determined to keep Van Gaal at the club next season despite the reported interest of Bayern Munich and Chelsea in the highly-rated Dutchman.

The former Ajax boss is part of a shortlist of head coaches that Bayern wish to appoint next season, and The Blues are also rumoured to be interested in the tactician to replace his fellow countryman Guus Hiddink.

But AZ supremo Dick Scheringa is determined to keep Van Gaal, and he has even allowed him to hold talks with Belgium regarding a part-time job.

“Louis is under contract until 2010,” Scheringa said. “A move to another club is not negotiable.

“I have no fear because Van Gaal is a man of principles who always respects his contracts.

“And we have not been contacted by Bayern.”

He added: “We want to play in the Champions League with Louis.

“A transfer of our manager is impossible. Only holding several posts concurrently will be allowed.”

I don't want a manager for just a year though, to be honest. I want some continuity - if we are going to get a new manager we have to give them time to adapt to a new league, and not sack them half-way through the season.

If we got Guus in a year, he wouldn't be let go for awhile and would be a long-term success, in my eyes

It would be worth it in the end

I am NOT saying just sacrifice whoever but simply saying that if we don't feel the next guy is really THE GUY after a year, going back to Guus is not a bad decision