Next Chelsea Manager

I wouldn't want Rijkaard, just look at him at Barsa, once Ten Caate went he was absolutely lost and the team didn't have any clue on what to do that season.

I'm sitll just holding out hope it'll be a temporary one season deal for someone so Hiddink can come back the season after.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, firstly I want someone who knows English football. So I am saying no to Ancelotti etc. I still have one name and that's Mark Hughes. According to several reports, Citizens are looking for their new manager, with Mancini and Rijkaard mentioned, so that would leave Sparky free. But...

Well, firstly I want someone who knows English football. So I am saying no to Ancelotti etc. I still have one name and that's Mark Hughes. According to several reports, Citizens are looking for their new manager, with Mancini and Rijkaard mentioned, so that would leave Sparky free. But...

He hasn't particulary impressed with what he has done at City, and i don't think he is anywhere near a list of possibles.

Given the length of time since Scolari's departure and also knowing from day 1 that Hiddink will not be staying beyond the end of the season, you would think the club already have the new manager lined up and ready to go once the season comes to an end.

Villarreal manager Manuel Pellegrini will depart from the Madrigal at the end of next season according to his agent.

The Chilean tactician has been linked to a host of clubs, including Chelsea, after leading The Yellow Submarine to the Champions League semi-finals and quarter-finals in recent years.

Pellegrini is under contract with the Madrigal outfit until 2010, and his agent Jesus Martinez has revealed that he has opted against signing a new deal.

As a consequence, the stylish head coach will seek other opportunities, in Europe, at the end of next term.

“There are always enquiries from big European clubs about Manuel Pellegrini,” Martinez told La Tercera. “The only thing I can say is that he has a contract until June 2010 and he is not going to extend it.”

Edited by the wes

Football365:

ANCELOTTI TO SAY YES THIS WEEKEND?

Posted 14/05/09 09:30

Carlo Ancelotti will announce his departure for Chelsea after this weekend's Serie A games, according to reports in Italy.

Corriere dello Sport claim that Ancelotti will publicly accept Chelsea's offer of a four-year contract after Milan have clinched a Champions League place for next season.

Ancelotti is said to have signed a pre-contract agreement with the Blues on a four-year deal worth over �100,000 a week.

He is already said to have handed Chelsea a list of summer targets that includes erstwhile Milan target Emmanuel Adebayor as a replacement for Didier Drogba. :huh:

Edited by changingman2000

ANYONE but ancelotti, PLEASE !

Agreed, apparently Ancelotti is looking to replace Drogba with Adebayor. What a joke! How in the blue hell is Adebayor better than DD? If anything I see Emmanuel as a player with less skill, power and complains a lot more than Drogba.

Sorry gents but if Ancelotti come and replaces Drogs with Adebayor, i will support whatever club Drogba ends up at. Since the ruski take over Chelsea have become a force, but they have also lost alot of the values that made me a CFC supporter.

Sorry gents but if Ancelotti come and replaces Drogs with Adebayor, i will support whatever club Drogba ends up at. Since the ruski take over Chelsea have become a force, but they have also lost alot of the values that made me a CFC supporter.

so your a drogba supporter not a Chelsea supporter?

why is everyone so against ancelotti, he is a good coach. is it because he is italian and coaches in serie a?

The media have gone into overdrive now with the Ancelotti story claiming that he will confirm as soon as this weekend that he will be taking over at Chelsea!!!! Time will tell on this one but it is certainly one the press won't let go, it may it is similar to the summer where the Ancelotti story dominated but we ended up with some else....

He hasn't particulary impressed with what he has done at City, and i don't think he is anywhere near a list of possibles.

Given the length of time since Scolari's departure and also knowing from day 1 that Hiddink will not be staying beyond the end of the season, you would think the club already have the new manager lined up and ready to go once the season comes to an end.

maybe they just have that tiniest hope that hiddink will want to stay at Chelsea??....

with the sukses he's had here.....

it made me forget about mourinho for a second....

so your a drogba supporter not a Chelsea supporter?

why is everyone so against ancelotti, he is a good coach. is it because he is italian and coaches in serie a?

I am a Chelsea supporter! A Pre-Abramovich supporter! I love the fact that we have become a great side who can win titles, but, i hate the fact our attitude has become so "Fuck up and your gone". Drogba has showed more passion over the last 5 years than any other player bar Terry and Lampard.

Avram Grant took us further than any coach has in Europe! And for all the people who say "Jose did everything" Let's not forget we were sitting in seventh position and just drew at home in champions' league group stages. We ended up going to the final losing by a slip and coming within a point of our third consecutive premiership. So what does the ruski do? Fires him and brings in the biggest dope money can buy. I think Avram is the most underrated coach out there, and i am so surprised he hasn't found another managing job.

I have nothing against Ancelotti! Who gives a shit what nationality he is. The fact is, he hasn't won shit for ages, can't speak English, and coaches a totally different style to the premier league! He also has a dream team at his disposal and still can't challenge for the Scudetta. The problem we had with Scolari is the same problem we will have with Carlo, It will all be lost in translation.