Buck: Chelsea to axe stars

Sun.

Buck: Chelsea to axe stars

Chelsea are preparing a summer exodus of some of their top stars.

Blues chairman Bruce Buck has revealed he expects five players to leave Stamford Bridge.

Buck hopes to use the money from the transfers to provide a war chest for the club's manager.

Current boss Guus Hiddink insists he will leave the Chelsea at the end of the season although he could stay on next season if he wins a title.

American Buck said: "I think that we could expect that several players will leave and that several players will come in.

"I don't know whether that is three, four or five, but something in that kind of neighbourhood. We can expect a handful to leave.

"We'd like to use internally generated cash to buy new players and by that I mean sell players and buy new players.

"But, of course, if an appropriate player comes then money would be available from the owner to buy him."

Deco, Malouda, Belletti are the first names that spring to mind.

If Quaresma looks the part during his stay here I think he'd be worth making his loan move permanent.

Next season playing with a midfield of Essien, Lampard, Joe Cole and Quaresma would certainly provide enough flair in attack.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I forget Malouda?!

Add in Ivanovic.

Ivanovic is worth holding onto. He's looks pretty good any time he's played.

He and Mancienne can play at CB or RB so they're vital to the defence. Ferreira can cover for Ash so for me the defence is sorted.

If you think about it, we'll have been without Joe Cole and Essien for the majority of the season. Having those two back next year will be like having 2 new players straight away. So getting rid of Deco and Malouda wont be so bad when you have 2 players who are head and shoulders above them.

We do need another striker imo. Losing Drogba or Anelka could be costly, Di Santo is yet to be fully blooded and another year on the bench playing now and then will do him better in the long run istead of heaping pressure on him to deliver the goals we'll be seeking.

So if we get 5m for Deco, 10m for Malouda, 3m for Belleti, theres nearly 20m to put into the kitty.

Add to that Pizarro who's on loan, if he does get sold we could get another 5m for him, also the money we got for Bridge and we've got 30-40m to spend. We could get Quaresma for 15-20m and have around 20m to spend on a striker. I'm sure RA would chip in with a few bob if we needed to go that wee bit further to secure a deal for a top class forward.

Edited by Tri-Blue

Note the end, he said we're having to sell to buy, but if the right player comes along then Roman will splash out anyway. So if we're able to sign a superstar like Shevchenko then Abramovich will pay for it...

Keep your hand in your pocket then Roman mate.

I think Malouda, Ballack and Deco will be offloaded , but am optinmistic that a couple of youngsters will come through, and a couple of big names will be bought.....

Hasnt Ballack been offered a "dodgy" new contract where he gets paid less, but makes it up in add-ons?

Deco, Malouda, Belletti are the first names that spring to mind.

If Quaresma looks the part during his stay here I think he'd be worth making his loan move permanent.

Next season playing with a midfield of Essien, Lampard, Joe Cole and Quaresma would certainly provide enough flair in attack.

Agree with the offloads but belletti is good cover for us when he does play so im kind of 50 50 about him.

Ballack on the other hand, i no he is ageing but i do not think we should offload him, even if he plays as a sub i think he has that experience to even play as a defencive midfielder or even to just play his normal possiesion. He has not had the best season this year but than again he had not been that bad and he has helps us get some crucial points with come great defending and attacking.

Squad player......we can do without him. Its not like he plays every week.

Exactly, He is squad player he is a Uitility player. We dont need 24 Best players in Europe half of which would be playing in reserves or be sitting on bench while we pay them sky high salaries.

The point Buck is making here is that Chelsea will look to cut down on salaries of these stars.

Ballack(Free), Deco(4M), Drogba(13M), Miniero(1M), Malouda(8M), Ivanovic(12M).

Keep Belleti. He can play anywhere.

Keep Ferriera. He can be Cole's Back Up.

Keep Hilario. He can be Cech's back up.

Keep Alex. He can be Defense Back Up.

Sell Drogba. He is 31 has 3 operations on his knee and even if he is in his best form, chances are that he might throw some tantrums next season and Sulk. We dont need that anymore.

Buy Benzema as the Target Man., Buy Ribery as the Winger cus I dont think We will keep Quaresma. Buy Moutinho as the midfielder. Promote Jack Cork and Woods. Blood the youngesters.

Strikers:Anelka, Benzema, Di Santo, Kalou

Wingers: Stoch, Ribery, Joe Cole, Kalou can play there too.

Midfield: Essien, Moutinho, Lampard, Mikel, Belleti, Woods

Left Back: Ashley Cole, Ferriera

Right Back: Mancienne, Boswinga.

Center Back: Alex, Carvalho, JT, Mancienne, Jack Cork

Goal Keeper: Cech, Hilario, Rhys Taylor.

Thats a good Mix of Youngsters and Experienced Players. And the squad can be used over 4 tournaments. Just like Manchester United use their squads.

Edited by warnie_666

I think we need to have an eye for that Gourcuff guy

and tbh i think we should try to keep Quaresma if he goes on like the way he played

but all in all, you are right warnie, a good mixed squad with strength in depth like Manu is what we need !

Well, Looking at the number of chances he has got ever since he joined us a month back, I dont think Chelsea is willing to retain him.

The squad I mentioned is a squad of 24 players. Knowing our penchant for injuries over last 3 seasons, I am sure the entire squad can be used to play and we wont have wasted players who play in reserves while consuming fat pay packages.