Buck: Chelsea to axe stars

Bruce_Buck_745543a.jpg

Chelsea are preparing a summer exodus of some of their top stars. Blues chairman Bruce Buck has revealed he expects five players to leave Stamford Bridge.

Buck hopes to use the money from the transfers to provide a war chest for the club's manager.

Current boss Guus Hiddink insists he will leave the Chelsea at the end of the season although he could stay on next season if he wins a title.

American Buck said: "I think that we could expect that several players will leave and that several players will come in.

"I don't know whether that is three, four or five, but something in that kind of neighbourhood. We can expect a handful to leave.

"We'd like to use internally generated cash to buy new players and by that I mean sell players and buy new players.

"But, of course, if an appropriate player comes then money would be available from the owner to buy him."

Edited by RX8

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always talking about "keepin young players and build them up" and then want to get rid of Ivanovic and Kalou doesn´t make much sense to me.

Both are fantastic players for being still very young.

I think Deco & Malouda are going in the summer.

Both to Italy.

It has been said a number of times that our squad is in need of a rebuild. Hiddink recently has got it right in the sense that we have not got the balance of experience and youth right in the way that Man you do. Man you have a group of older players (Scholes, Gigges ect...) who offer experience whilst not being relied upon for every game, and a group of younger but experienced players (Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov ect..) and then they have places for some youngsters (Wellbeck, the Silva twins, Foster ect..)

Us on the other hand are heavily reliant on our 30+ players.

I think we will see the likes of Malouda, Ballack, Deco, Belletti, Ferreira and possibly a couple more. Regarding Belletti for me he just does not offer enough, if we need another defensive midfielder on the pitch i would rather we went with Mancienne or Cork, or if we need someone wide - Stoch or Kakuta.

It is good to hear that if we need to spend more money to bring in the right player then the money will be there from Roman.

Salomon_Kalou_746651a.jpg

MAKING A POINT ... Salomon Kalou

SALOMON KALOU is willing to stay at Chelsea despite saying he wants to join Arsenal. </h2> Chelsea winger Kalou was approached by Arsene Wenger last summer and he claimed it would be a "dream" to play for the Gunners.

But the Ivorian said: "I am very happy at Chelsea.

"For the moment, I'm playing well and I don't see why I would be leaving.

"There are two years left on my contract and I'm happy at Stamford Bridge.

"Everyone supports me - the fans, my team-mates and the staff.

"So I don't see why people have been worried."

Edited by RX8