Kalou on Arsenal rumours

Soccer News

Kalou wants Arsenal move

Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou has revealed that it would be a dream for him to one day play for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The Ivory Coast international was linked with a move to the Gunners at the end of last summer and Wenger expressed his interest in the African striker.

“Arsene Wenger said he thought of signing me? That’s an honour for me, an honour,” Kalou revealed to Setanta Sports.

“Because he is a very great coach and I know that every single player in the world dreams of playing for Arsene Wenger.

“I have a lot of respect for him, he is one of the best coaches in the world so why not?” he said with a massive smile on his face.

“I am still under contract with Chelsea, but of course I have plenty of friends who play for Arsenal: Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Emmanuel Adebayor.

“They are achieving huge things at Arsenal and watching them play is just beautiful.”

He added: “You are never guaranteed to be in the Chelsea starting XI because every single player fights to earn his place, including me, and the coach is the one that has the final word.

“At the present time I’m happy at Chelsea and I hope that the things that I want to happen will happen. I will think of my future once the season is over.”

For me Kalou is the typical Arsenal "style" player. Plenty of talent yet frustrating. I did find this comment funny considering they have won feck all going on almost 5 years now.

They are achieving huge things at Arsenal
:rolleyes:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me Kalou is the typical Arsenal "style" player. Plenty of talent yet frustrating. I did find this comment funny considering they have won feck all going on almost 5 years now.

:rolleyes:

Ahh remember they are a young side...as we get reminded every time the Carling Cup comes around and after that they go poof and never hear from half of them again

Maybe could see it happening but he's starting to get played regulary so..

Hmmmm bit buggered if his friends left

The most overrated coach in the world ?

Arsene Wenger.

His Golden Boys seemed all turned 35 after they won the League.

The people think that he is some kind of "football professor" because he speeks English with a nice french accent sounding intellectual.

I would be very sad to see Kalou go there.

He is still very young and just starts to perform right, i think

Imo hes just being polite to a Setanta leech of a journalist.

Asked about Wenger, he just probably said a few endearing things about the French coach -from that the red supporting journo comes out with ''Kalou Wants Arsenal Move''. Oh do fuck off.

Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou has revealed he would welcome the opportunity to play for Arsenal.

The 23-year-old has failed to nail down a regular starting berth this season but has benefited from Joe Cole's absence through injury by starting Guus Hiddink's first two games in charge.

The Ivory Coast international has scored nine times in all competitions this term and set up striker Didier Drogba for the only goal of the game in the firsrt leg of their UEFA Champions League last 16 tie against Juventus at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

But after his recent comments the former Feyenoord ace could find his place in jeopardy, especially after he responded favourably to reported interest from London rivals Arsenal.

"Wenger said he thought of signing me? That's an honour for me, an honour," he told.

"Because he is a very great coach and I know that every single player in the world dreams of playing for him.

"I have a lot of respect for him, he is one of the best coaches in the world so why not?

Friends

"I am still under contract with Chelsea but of course I have plenty of friends who play for Arsenal in Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Emmanuel Adebayor.

"They are achieving huge things at Arsenal and watching them play is just beautiful."

With just 12 starts to his name in the Premier League this campaign Kalou is aware of the challenge that he faces if he is to hold on to his first team place until the end of the season.

"You are never guaranteed to be in the Chelsea starting XI," he added.

"Every single player fights to earn his place, including me, and the coach is the one that has the final word.

"At the present I'm happy at Chelsea and I hope that the things that I want to happen will happen.

"I will think of my future once the season is over."

https://www.skybet.com/secure/rbs?action=go...=1&aff=1572

Sky sports

So he puts in a good performance in an important Champions League game, then states he wishes to play for a rival team. What a wanker.

He doesnt say any where he wants to play for Arsenal except in the journalists head.

He doesn't say "Arsenal" but he does say "Arsene Wenger" and at the moment that's pretty much the same thing.

He said ( if he actually did say it) ''Wenger thought of signing me ? Thats an honour''

How many of these stories do they think they can get away with ? I though we werent so stupid to fall for the shit stirring stories that are obviously there to de-stabilise :rolleyes:

He doesn't say "Arsenal" but he does say "Arsene Wenger" and at the moment that's pretty much the same thing.

I don't think he'd say anything about Wenger if he wasn't first asked by the stupid journalist...