Not good enough

To be honest, I'm beginning to get to the stage where, I believe this guy needs a bit more time. At least give him the rest of the season to chops and change his squad, get it so that we are winning frequantly again, and that the players are comfortable week in, week out.

I think it's just the cheesy media who are spurring everything on, pressurising Scolari because he's not doing his job properly. I say, give the guy a chance!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having Makelele around and Essien being injured for so long are other reasons why we cant keep clean sheets. Mikel might be good but his no Essien or Maka.

Mikel has been our best player along with Lamaprd this season.

If you notice, We arent giving goals from an open play. Most of the goals come from set peices or crosses(like the torres goal). This shows that we are not winning the balls in the air. Not having Riccy and Terry together for long periods is affecting the defense. Our Defense has been in a mess since Riccy got injured back in October.

It's obvious that we're just trying out zonal marking. He used it with Brazil, it's what he knows and now he's using it with us. To get a whole squad of players to swap from man marking to zonal takes a while, the reason we're conceding so many goals from set pieces is because of this, the team needs to get used to zonal marking and be able to use it properly. Until then we'll be vulnerable to set pieces, but Scolari is taking the risk for the rewards that should come next season, those being that the team can zonal mark, and do it well and won't concede as many goals from set pieces.

I'd say give him another season.First time in a European club all eyes on him etc pressure but still....how hard can it be to make a SUB?!If we need it why wait till the end?!Only thing that really bugs me about him..and the 'I dont believe in marking posts' blah

It's obvious that we're just trying out zonal marking. He used it with Brazil, it's what he knows and now he's using it with us. To get a whole squad of players to swap from man marking to zonal takes a while, the reason we're conceding so many goals from set pieces is because of this, the team needs to get used to zonal marking and be able to use it properly. Until then we'll be vulnerable to set pieces, but Scolari is taking the risk for the rewards that should come next season, those being that the team can zonal mark, and do it well and won't concede as many goals from set pieces.

Our Team was used to Zonal marking. Jose implemented that perfectly with two men on either posts. Scolari for some reason changed it to man to man for which we needed men marking men and not posts. To change a team well set with zonal marking for past 3-4 yrs to man marking one fine year, screwed up our defenses and hence you could see no one at the posts and goals going in. Although now we see more of zonal marking, with Asheley guarding the post, We are still not winning balls in the air. That needs to be fixed.

Edited by warnie_666

I think that we did quite well in the beginning of season.

But than the injuries really hit the team hard. Chelsea managed to cover Essien a bit with Mikel and Belletti, but we were lacking the attacking force of Essien.

Just imagine we had Essien, Joey and Riccy all together in games like WHU home, Fulham away and so on.

The results would have been different, promise ya !

Than everything else collapsed with the media talk about Romans loss in the credit crunch - everything bad joined in the right moment.

Right, we were shit against the big teams and got goals in Cechs net because of set pieces.

The thing i just wonder about is why we didn´t got them in the beginning of the season ?

So, maybe this year is not ours again, but our time will come. (still looking good in the cup)

What would you do as manager having serious personal problems but being told to be able to spend lots of money but than not ?

Lets get all bit more calm and relaxed.

I know this is hard to say, i can´t sleep when Chelsea lost a game and do nothing else but trying to see the positive sides...

i've read through all the post and yes guy's and gals your all correct in your comments, but the divining omission is that the blame always lies at the very top, it's abramovich that's got us in this mess and him alone, his fucking attitude that there's no money avalible is total bollocks.

we've at least got one half decent signing Quresma, just hope he can produce some of his decent performances, as for the rest of the muppets i've been telling anyone who'll listen we need a fucking good clear out....for fuck sake get rid of malouda, kalou, ballack, deco, anelka, di santo, minero (i mean what the fuck did they sign him for).

i'm fed up up with the terrible embarassing perfermances we've had to suffer, any club has to continue to improve their squads each year and because he hasn't we've ended up with q bunch of non performing geriatrics.

off rant

regards: JBD

Edited by josesbluediamonds

i've read through all the post and yes guy's and gals your all correct in your comments, but the divining omission is that the blame always lies at the very top, it's abramovich that's got us in this mess and him alone, his fucking attitude that there's no money avalible is total bollocks.

we've at least got one half decent signing Quresma, just hope he can produce some of his decent performances, as for the rest of the muppets i've been telling anyone who'll listen we need a fucking good clear out....for fuck sake get rid of malouda, kalou, ballack, deco, anelka, di santo, minero (i mean what the fuck did they sign him for).

i'm fed up up with the terrible embarassing perfermances we've had to suffer, any club has to continue to improve their squads each year and because he hasn't we've ended up with q bunch of non performing geriatrics.

off rant

regards: JBD

:cry: Edited by the wes