EURO 2024

46 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Fraudgate out!

what a fool not starting Cole and Watkins (Kane is clearly not right)

He 's got only one move - with Saka.
And lamppost was clearly out of form. He is joint top scorers thanks to two pens and because we have n't seen a real scorer in this tournament.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Scored winner against Germany tho. 

True, all of Spain's players stepped up throughout the tournament.   Germany was the only side that really gave them headaches and pushed them, that should have been at least a Semi Final! 

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

CuCu MOTM

was great defensively and that assist was world class

I honestly can't think of a player's fortunes turning that quickly in a matter of months. One of the best players at the tournament.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Fraudgate out!

what a fool not starting Cole and Watkins (Kane is clearly not right)

Despite reaching two finals, his tenure should be coming to an end. The talent is there to win something and dominate for several years.

Edited by LAM09

Kane had a bad tourney... could say that it happens and Mbappe was pretty poor too, but Kane looked off; like he looks slower and less intense.
It was a respectable showing at the Euros obviously, and yet there was something missing and I suspect Palmer for Saka, as a starter and from the get-go, would've helped a lot.

Of all the talk about the overly defensive approach, I think England lacked in midfield because it had too many attacking players and not enough players roaming in the middle, which is why I thought Cole should've been starting.
Kane, Bellingham, Foden, Saka leaves the team way too open in midfield IMO.

I have not seen much of Bellingham outside of CL given I don't follow La Liga a whole lot, but I was surprised by his lack of mobility at his age. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he moves up to #9 very soon, as he is a quality player and great at finishing.

8 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Germany was the only side that really gave them headaches and pushed them

I said when the bracket came out that the winner of that match would likely win it all

they were the two best teams that I saw

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Went as I thought it would, tears of sadness because we are a failure.

Southgate needs to fuck off just based on the time he gave Palmer on the pitch alone

and tinkering (in a bad way) and starting a clearly not match-ready Shaw over Trippier, which fucked us on their first goal

and not pulling Kane sooner

(besides what you said about Cole)

but

I am not gutted that much

I have never lived or died over the England national team all that much

last BIG game I was really hurt over was the Russian WC semi loss to Croatia, and we really should have been playing Russia anyway, who choked v Croatia in the quaterfinal game

also, TBF, we likely would have lost to France in the final anyway

the player off that 2018 France winner that they never really replaced and missed a lot going forward was Blaise Matuidi

Rabiot and others never played nearly as well

oh

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF they keep Fraudgate on I am done with them

done

https://www.football365.com/news/england-gareth-southgate-sack-decision-regardless-euro-2024-final-result

Following the defeat of the Netherlands, the former Middlesbrough manager has become the first Three Lions boss to reach two major tournament finals, and the first to reach a final in a foreign country.

Fans are beginning to turn in Southgate’s favour and the English FA remain very happy with their manager.

England want to offer Gareth Southgate a new contract – reports

According to The Telegraph, ‘regardless of how they fare against Spain’ in the European Championship final, ‘England want to keep Southgate’.

Out of contract in December, the FA want him to continue beyond Euro 2024 with talks over a new deal expected to take place after the tournament in Germany.