Ashley Young

Matterz

I dont think villa would sell him though, that would be a step backwards. Any way kaka has signed for madrid lol :offtopic: sorry !

Depends on the money, how much the player would want to move ect... I wouldn't that signing young would be totally out of the question.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa's Ashley Young is among new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti's top targets...

A host of high-profile names have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since the arrival of Ancelotti, but Young is believed to be high on the Italian's agenda.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5364718,00.html

Will he leave villa for the mighty blues?

Edited by Clouston8

Rather than close I will merge.

Edit: lol at you badboy, wanting me to close a thread even though it was YOUR thread that was in the wrong place!

There were like 4 Ashley Young threads, all have been merged now.

there would be a lot of pressure for someone like ribery to perform, like shevchenko, everyone expected goals galore.. ashley young would be ideal as hes quick and no one would expect a great amount from him

there would be a lot of pressure for someone like ribery to perform, like shevchenko, everyone expected goals galore.. ashley young would be ideal as hes quick and no one would expect a great amount from him

i think the fact we would have signed him over a ribery or bigger name means he would have high expectations on him.

and martin o'neil will not wont to sell him, so he would come at a high transfer fee.

Edited by Terminator X

He'd be a good signing, and would leave us with strength in depth on both sides.

Him and Joe Cole can play on the right as well as the left - although it seems Cole wants to play in the centre when he comes back from injury, and then there's Malouda who found his form under Hiddink.

Get rid of Kalou; buy Ashley Young. Sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

Aston Villa will need to make a couple of stellar signings to match Ashley Young's ambition and avoid losing their most ­valuable asset this summer. The England international is concerned at the club's direction in the wake of Martin Laursen's retirement and Gareth Barry's decision to join Manchester City, and unless ­Martin O'Neill can recruit two high-profile replacements Villa face a battle to keep hold of the player the manager described as a "genius" last year.

Young is Tottenham Hotspur's No1 target and, while Villa will strongly resist any offers from White Hart Lane, which are likely to involve player exchanges plus cash, it will be more difficult to reject an approach from Chelsea if interest at Stamford Bridge hardens. The 23-year-old is known to have been discussed by the Chelsea hierarchy and was expected to be one of the names considered when senior figures met to talk about the club's transfer plans last week.

Whether an offer materialises remains to be seen, with Chelsea pursuing more ambitious signings, but there is a ­feeling that if the London club continue to miss out on their favoured choices – Kaka preferred Real Madrid and David Villa looks set to stay in Spain – then Young will become a realistic option, despite the former ­Watford trainee not fitting the profile of English player (below the age of 23 and yet to become established at first-team level) being actively pursued.

Villa would be likely to demand around £25m for Young, a fee that would not be beyond Chelsea's reach but is likely to deter Spurs unless Harry Redknapp can persuade O'Neill to accept a couple of players as makeweights. While players such as Jermaine Jenas and David Bentley are of interest to O'Neill, the Villa manager would be extremely reluctant to enter into a swap deal involving his best player, in particular with a club regarded as direct rivals.

Young has no intention of forcing the issue and has enjoyed his time at Villa, where he has developed into one of the most exciting talents in the Premier League. He feels a debt of gratitude to O'Neill, who was seen by many to have paid over the odds when he agreed a £9.5m deal to bring him to Villa Park in January 2007, and is not pushing for a new ­contract, having signed a lucrative four‑year deal last November that ties him to the club until 2012.

But he is understood to be worried that Villa will be able to maintain the level of performance that for much of the ­season promised a Champions League place unless O'Neill has the funds to attract players of the same quality as Laursen and Barry. Manchester City and Spurs are both expected to be more competitive next ­season and O'Neill himself ­acknowledged yesterday: "We are going to have to try and improve – even to stand still in this league."

I would really like him here....

• 4 weeks later...

Aston Villa slap £25m price tag on Chelsea target Ashley Young

thisislondon

Chelsea are set to step up their efforts to sign Ashley Young but will have to bid £25million to prise the winger from Aston Villa.

The Blues have been monitoring Young for some time and are now prepared to make a move as Villa are on the verge of completing a £12m deal for Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing.

Chelsea see the England international, who can play on either wing, as providing competition to Joe Cole, Florent Malouda and Yuri Zhirkov.

Villa insist Young is not for sale but Standard Sport understands they will listen to offers of £25m. That would mark a huge profit for Villa, who paid Watford £9.75m for the midfielder two years ago.

Young has made a big impression in the Midlands and although he feels a lot of loyalty towards manager Martin O'Neill the 23-year-old will find Chelsea hard to resist. The fact he is English makes him an attractive proposition as UEFA now require teams to have eight home-grown players in their Champions League squads.

Tottenham are also very interested in him and have been linked with a £25m bid involving David Bentley. But it is understood Villa are not prepared to sell him to a team who they consider to be one of their close rivals and a threat to their chances of qualifying for Europe next season.

This would be an excellent signing. He is only 24 , he is English and he brings something to the table that Chelsea have lacked since Robben left , the ability to consistently go past players on the wing. The guy has really good crosses and he proved last season that he can score goals , to be honest , 25 million doesnt sound that bad a price.

Thats what you pay for esk this type of thing wins titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nev6ZuSqiac

Definately a cracking player and i certainly would be upset if we did end up spending £25m to buy him. One thing i would say though is that with us supposedly still after a big name player, i couldn't see us signing Young and big star player. Not because of the money but because i would think they would be playing in the same position.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You