Ashley Young

Matterz

There has been a lot of talk recently about have badly we need a wide player, however I dont recall anyone ever mentioning Ashley Young? He is English, has bundles of talent and might just be exactly what we are looking for.....although he would cost a small fortune...what are your thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably wont let him go right now but perhaps in the summer? Evenyually he will want to go to a bigger club, earn a bigger salary, play with better players Champions League contenders which are all things we could offer so why not?

Would be a great signing but for now its not going to happen maybe latter on in the summer, but even than villa will put a massive price on him if they where going to sell.

Quality English players dont come cheap, but I guess its a matter of you get what you pay for....I think any player of his talent and ability in his position wouldnt be cheap either, if we want a high quality winger we will have to pay about 30 million

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chelsea are lining up a £15 million bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

The Mail on Sunday says Young has been earmarked by Chelsea as the replacement for France winger Florent Malouda, who will be offloaded at the end of the season after two disappointing seasons at Stamford Bridge.

The Aston Villa winger has flourished under Martin O’Neill since an £8.5m move from Watford but he wants Champions League football next season to boost his international prospects under Fabio Capello.

I think that'd be a good signing, as long as we're prepared to let him settle in and have a few dodgy performances cause he's only a young lad. But it'd take more than £15m I think for Villa to let him go.

• 2 months later...

Aston Villa's Ashley Young is among new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti's top targets, skysports.com understands.

A host of top names have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since the arrival of Ancelotti, but Young is believed to be high on the Italian's agenda.

Young enjoyed another fantastic season for Villa last term, being named in the PFA team for a second successive year and also scooping the Young Player of the Year award.

Chelsea have held a long-term interest in Young and they see him as a key addition to their squad as they look to rebuild their ageing side.

Guus Hiddink is thought to have recommended Chelsea move for Young as the club look to bring in more English talent.

Young has established himself as one of the most exciting players in the Premier League since bursting onto the scene at Watford and he would fit into Chelsea's plans of trying to introduce a brand of more attractive attacking football at Stamford Bridge.

Aston Villa chief Martin O'Neill is a big fan of Young and would be loath to lose the England international, having already seen Gareth Barry leave Villa Park this summer.

However, Villa could find it hard to resist a big money offer for Young, with Chelsea hoping to lure him away with the prospect of UEFA Champions League football.

skysports

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You