Are we 'actually' going to sign anyone?

I'm getting concerned with our tranquility in the January transfer window. If we have let both Wayne Bridge and Carlo Cudicini go, then surely we need to bring in replacements for these players. Scolari is just being a dick and not bringing anyone in!

Plus, surely we have enough money to do so, we sold Bridge for £12 million which gives us something to play with. So are we going to sign a striker, goalkeeper, or another full back??

I hope we sign at least someone, not just rely on the people we have, cus if I was Chelsea manager, I certainly wouldn't. I'd be begging Mr Kenyon to bring in some reinforcements. Why the hell are we leaving this until the last possible minute??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club and Scolari have come out to say we're not signing anyone before, so no, I don't think we are.

We need a winger, but we may have found one in the name of Miroslav Stoch, in which case, we're fine. No, we don't need to replace Bridge, we have Ferreira and Ivanovic to cover until the summer when every player is available to us and not just certain ones. Then we can make a proper decision as to whether we think Ryan Bertrand can be Ashley Cole's understudy (or perhaps Jeffrey Bruma or Slobodan Rajkovic?) or whether we need to go out and buy a new left back.

As for Cudicini, its pretty much the same. Hilario is a decent back-up keeper. And below that we have a young goalkeeper who may also deserve a chance at the first team. In the summer is a better time to decide whether we need to sign a senior goalie (I think perhaps we will, but to replace Hilario, not Cudicini).

I am pretty sure we won't sign anyone now! The most we will do is sign a keeper on loan until the summer. The club are clearly looking at making big cut backs in the wage bill at the club, which will involve getting rid of players earning tons for little and more than likely replacing them with younger players who will accept a lower wage, possibly from our own academy.

I am sure in the summer (or even still in this window) we will let a centre back go and allow Mancienne to take their place. Mancienne is a quality player and his wages would be significantly lower than any of the others. Likewise i am sure they are hoping Stoch can carry on impressing and become more of a figure next season rather than splash out on someone.

But i am not expecting anyone to come in.

I thought the club made it pretty clear that there would be no signings in January. There are cutbacks right across the club from players given only four complimentary match tickets, to having to pay for their meals. Abramovich loses some money, and everyone does.

That said, it's a fairly formidable squad capable of winning anything -the mental attitude was lacking a few games back, but things seem a bit more on an even keel now. Boro and Dippers are watershed games.

Doesnt look like we will sign anyone, I suppose we pretty much covered in all areas.

I think the club will do a lot of dealings in the summer, Kenyon said that the type of players that we would like to improve our squad are not avail in the Jan window, which in all honestly makes a lot of sense and I have to agree with him.

:lol:

Personally we should never really expect to be bringing in players during the season. It hasn't really ever happened before at Chelsea, with last season being the exception, although that was because it was Avram's first transfer window and he signed three very good players, one of whom was a necessary signing.

Answer to the thread question = NO

Why? because we're apparently skint n RA doesnt have any passion in the club anymore. He wont be here for much longer. If he really cared, he wouldve helped us out and not let us get in the shit we're in now and since Jose's departure. We need a new owner, new heart, new foundations because quite frankly, we aint going nowhere.

Thay just trying to balance the books so when the financials come out next month we closer to breaking even by 2010 liek that fat bald knob Kenyon said we would....thats obviously more important than winning games and trophies

Thay just trying to balance the books so when the financials come out next month we closer to breaking even by 2010 liek that fat bald knob Kenyon said we would....thats obviously more important than winning games and trophies

Obviously from your sarcastic tone you disagree but I'd rather this club was around for the rest of my lifetime, than blowing it all then getting caught out.

Obviously from your sarcastic tone you disagree but I'd rather this club was around for the rest of my lifetime, than blowing it all then getting caught out.

I think we'll see more changes in the summer. We'll just have to bide out time and hope we finish in the CL places.

I think we'll see more changes in the summer. We'll just have to bide out time and hope we finish in the CL places.

I think we will.We've got Villa soon and get that out the way start winning and hopfully by the time we play Arsenal we'll be happy happy.

Long as we can get the points against the rest of the top 4 then should be ok.If we cant even do that then be have problems