Are we 'actually' going to sign anyone?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think we'll finish in the top 3? I wouldnt hold my breath tbh.

If ever there was an award for the most negative or the most pessimistic poster..it has to be Mischieff ;)

I am still optimistic about title.......worst case we will reclaim the second place. No Third and beyond.

Seriously warnie? In the past month we have been outclassed by both teams occupying the places above us. Third is the best we can realistically expect for in my opinion. We can hope for 2nd, and 1st is way beyond us. 4th wouldn't be good, but it wouldn't be bad either. Below that is disastrous of course.

Seriously warnie? In the past month we have been outclassed by both teams occupying the places above us. Third is the best we can realistically expect for in my opinion. We can hope for 2nd, and 1st is way beyond us. 4th wouldn't be good, but it wouldn't be bad either. Below that is disastrous of course.

Last year Arsenal were on a run similar to Man Utd. They saw 3 consecutive draws and a loss in March.

Man Utd for me has peaked too early, they usually go on such a run from march to may.

As far as Liverpool outclassing us...you gotta be kidding me on that. Riley offered them the match on a platter. Before that they had 3 successive draws. Mark my Words, Aston Villa will beat Liverpool to the third place once Champions League starts.

I am a bit more confident because we have Quaresma back and will have Essien returing in a month.

Edited by warnie_666

You just stole my words....

Sheva, Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Crespo.....examples...

Crespo? Are you joking? His record here was brilliant. Just couldn't settle.

Locking this one now, talk about Quaresma in the two topics: Player Database Topic. Matthew Harding Stand Topic.

Last year Arsenal were on a run similar to Man Utd. They saw 3 consecutive draws and a loss in March

Man Utd for me has peaked too early, they usually go on such a run from march to may

As far as Liverpool outclassing us...you gotta be kidding me on that. Riley offered them the match on a platter. Before that they had 3 successive draws.

Mark my Words, Aston Villa will beat Liverpool to the third place once Champions League starts.

I am a bit more confident because we have Quaresma back and will have Essien returing in a month.

Manchester United are not as weak willed as Arsenal, and are fully capable of continuing form very similar to their current right up until the end. Where as we look completely out of ideas. I don't see Quaresma solving that, not every game. He's not that good.

Liverpool did outclass. They restricted us to about one chance, and that came after the sending off if I remember rightly. The only thing the sending off did was turn the game from a draw to a stinging loss.

I think Villa might well beat Arsenal to fourth and I hope they do. But I don't think Liverpool will faulter that badly. They do actually look different this season. That said, you always fancy them to slip up and for that reason we can still hope to reach second. But Manchester United are so much better than us now that I can't see us catching them, because we will slip up again many times before the end of the season even if they do.

David, do we really need to lock this? We're not only talking about Quaresma you know.