Saudi Pro League

NikkiCFC

This league from next season deserves its own thread.

So far in transfer window their top clubs got or are very close:

Al Hilal: Koulibaly, SMS, Ruben Neves, Malcom. Very close for Verratti and Mitrovic. Offered crazy money for Mbappe.

Al Nassr: Ronaldo, Telles, Brozovic, Seko Fofana. Already had Talisca and Konan. Ok Ronaldo is already there 6 months as well.

Ittihad: Benzema, Kante, Jota.

Al Ahli: Firmino, Mendy, Mahrez and ASM from Newcastle very close. Fabinho too.

Al Ettifaq: Gerrard manager, Dembele is there from Lyon and Henderson very close.

Their transfer window closes on September 20 so a lot of deals will still happen.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

This league from next season deserves its own thread.

So far in transfer window their top clubs got or are very close:

Al Hilal: Koulibaly, SMS, Ruben Neves, Malcom. Very close for Verratti and Mitrovic. Offered crazy money for Mbappe.

Al Nassr: Ronaldo, Telles, Brozovic, Seko Fofana. Already had Talisca and Konan. Ok Ronaldo is already there 6 months as well.

Ittihad: Benzema, Kante, Jota.

Al Ahli: Firmino, Mendy, Mahrez and ASM from Newcastle very close. Fabinho too.

Al Ettifaq: Gerrard manager, Dembele is there from Lyon and Henderson very close.

Their transfer window closes on September 20 so a lot of deals will still happen.

I will watch it

Disgusting thread. Never gonna watch a minute of head chopper league. Can not understand how anyone in Europe who has been spoilt with footballing tradition and the best leagues right at their doorstep would even care about that desert retirement home. If North Korea would buy some asscracks like Penaldo and friends would you watch it? At some point bone saw sheik will lose interest in sports washing anyway 

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Disgusting thread. Never gonna watch a minute of head chopper league. Can not understand how anyone in Europe who has been spoilt with footballing tradition and the best leagues right at their doorstep would even care about that desert retirement home. If North Korea would buy some asscracks like Penaldo and friends would you watch it? At some point bone saw sheik will lose interest in sports washing anyway 

Funny thing is Henderson with his gay rights, rainbow armband

-''er 700k a week ? yup I'll be right over''

Honestly think this will be the same as Chinese league. But the Saudi’s have the money to sustain what their doing.

It’s going to get very out of hand either way and they will not go bankrupt like certain Chinese clubs did but I think UEFA & FIFA are going to end up coming down on them hard as a lot of big European clubs will be extremely concerned.  

The money Saudi have in comparison to European clubs/owners is incomprehensible really but I think that if they keep going like this for 2 or 3 years, European clubs will continue to complain but this may lead to much more stringent financial rules/shackles being put in place for all football clubs as well as them as I cannot see it being one rule for one one rule for another. 

But at the same time, some clubs would never get the money they’ve gotten for certain players also and like us doing multiple deals with those clubs - its also encouraged the Saudi’s to spend spend spend. So it is a bit hypocritical for the likes of Klopp, Pep, ourselves or whoever to be completely up in arms about it. The PL did do the same to other huge clubs in foreign leagues with the TV deals, clubs who finish in positions 7,8,9,10 here can spend £100-150m and barely bat an eyelid. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 05/08/2023 at 03:06, Vesper said:

UEFA has zero jurisdictional power over the headchoppers

No but between them and FIFA, if the other big clubs & leagues keep complaining or get the impression their standings could be under threat they’re going to look into doing something, aren’t they?

No way FIFA & UEFA are going to easily let the Saudi’s disrupt the established order so to speak in European & World football. I mean look at how many big clubs wanted a European Super League to protect their status and prevent being knocked off their perch as elitist clubs in a non relegation, money spinning league… Is the Saudi money and league going to reignite this sort of idea? I wouldn’t be surprised and then the narrative will be “the Saudi investment means we had to do this”. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

No but between them and FIFA, if the other big clubs & leagues keep complaining or get the impression their standings could be under threat they’re going to look into doing something, aren’t they?

No way FIFA & UEFA are going to easily let the Saudi’s disrupt the established order so to speak in European & World football. I mean look at how many big clubs wanted a European Super League to protect their status and prevent being knocked off their perch as elitist clubs in a non relegation, money spinning league… Is the Saudi money and league going to reignite this sort of idea? I wouldn’t be surprised and then the narrative will be “the Saudi investment means we had to do this”. 

UEFA whunged to FIFA about the Chinese and FIFA did fuckall