The Next Manager?

12 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Maybe I'm wrong about 3 of them but Declan is an absolute average player who has no business playing for a top team and no one can convince me otherwise.

Declan is a player that allows players like Enzo to be world class, you don't want a flashy DM you want a solid ball winner and some one the players Infront can trust. Call him average all you want, he would transform this teams midfield overnight.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Declan is a player that allows players like Enzo to be world class, you don't want a flashy DM you want a solid ball winner and some one the players Infront can trust. Call him average all you want, he would transform this teams midfield overnight.

Can Rice do what Kante can't though?

14 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It pretty much shows where the new regime is dragging us. Appointing Pochettino would be unthinkable 12 months ago, Poch declining Chelsea, having Notthingham and Bilbao as an alternatives is straight off laughable.

BTW I don't get demonizing Tuchel since the takeover with "it wouldn't work long term anyway" bs. He seemed to vibe with us like never before. It wouldn't work because what, he had demands and wasn't into pretending we are Richmond FC? Because people calling for "beautiful football" like we were still living in jorga bonito 2000's had shut up a while ago already I guess.

Edited by Vegetable

Kante shouldn't be even in a conversation anymore to be honest- the bloke is finished, he can't even string two games together. Reece James will be the next one, absolute crocks both them.

We need to do everything we can to get Rice

IIRC Kante was more conservative dm before Sarri pushed him more forward. With age and running relentless taking his toll on him, making him sit deeper when needed doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Never been much impressed by Rice, but if we were supposed to start the second chapter of 120+ million saga, then just please no.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

You need someone who is also great on the ball at the top level.  Rice is ass 

1 minute ago, milka said:

Already shit stirring. 

Whoever manages Chelsea will be instantly doomed.... the media are and always will be a bunch of scavenging rats.

2 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Exactly, he could be our Jens Jeremies. Or, for the younger ones here, our Javi Martinez. 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

IIRC Kante was more conservative dm before Sarri pushed him more forward. With age and running relentless taking his toll on him, making him sit deeper when needed doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Never been much impressed by Rice, but if we were supposed to start the second chapter of 120+ million saga, then just please no.

As I remember Kante has always been a pure box to box even at Leicester Drinkwater was always the deeper of the two, I'm not saying rice is the only midfielder we should get, but people saying he's crap haven't a clue what they are talking about. 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

He seemed to vibe with us like never before.

Yeah thats why he roasted the entire team in public in preseason. An absolute no-go for a coach. That guy completely lost it before the season even started. 

Edited by Gundalf

The stuff about Poch being a maniacal training and fitness guy are what excites me most. These soft players are terribly unfit. They need a massive kick up the ass.

If he can emulate the exact same style here that he had at Spuds were in for something special. A super fit team that presses all over the pitch AS A UNIT whilst also playing neat, tidy football.

41 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

As I remember Kante has always been a pure box to box even at Leicester Drinkwater was always the deeper of the two, I'm not saying rice is the only midfielder we should get, but people saying he's crap haven't a clue what they are talking about. 

Yeah they haven't got a clue just like they didn't got a clue Potter was utterly shit, Declan is average England and West Ham prove this, thankfully he wants CL and won't happen.

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Yeah they haven't got a clue just like they didn't got a clue Potter was utterly shit, Declan is average England and West Ham prove this, thankfully he wants CL and won't happen.

And there we have it.....