The Next Manager?

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hasn’t Lautaro been woeful this season? The last thing we need is another bust of a striker. The other 3 would be brilliant signings.

He is having arguably his best.

14 minutes ago, milka said:

Yikes… Someone need to remind Poch this is Spuds we don’t need to go after 2nd tier players.

Edited by Clockwork

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Hasn’t Lautaro been woeful this season?

Already has his career high in total goals produced, and is 2 away from career high in goals scored

plus is leading his team (likely) to the CL Final

already has won the Supercoppa Italiana (back to back now), and is in the final for the Copa Italia, versus Fiorentina

plus won the World Cup (2022) and the  Copa América (2021) and also CONMEBOL–UEFA Cup of Champions: (2022)

plus the Scudetto (Serie A champions) in 2021

5863e4a26a74012efda840ae3b993976.png

Edited by Vesper

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Already has his career high in total goals produced, and is 2 away from career high in goals scored

plus is leading his team (likely) to the CL Final

already has won the Supercoppa Italiana (back to back now), and is in the final for the Copa Italia, versus Fiorentina

plus won the World Cup (2022) and the  Copa América (2021) and also CONMEBOL–UEFA Cup of Champions: (2022)

plus the Scudetto (Serie A champions) in 2021

5863e4a26a74012efda840ae3b993976.png

Weird. Maybe I’m having a brain fart because I could’ve sworn I read he fell off this season. But it’s clearly the opposite.

In which case I don’t see how we could possibly sign him.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Weird. Maybe I’m having a brain fart because I could’ve sworn I read he fell off this season. But it’s clearly the opposite.

In which case I don’t see how we could possibly sign him.

he likely wins a domestic double, and in the CL final, he has a chance to win the CL for a Treble, as long as they finish off AC Milan and then pull a Chelsea 2012 and 2021 monster CL upset

he will be insanely hard to grab away from Inter, especially if they win the CL

and it actually will be Quadruple (World Cup was in this season as well)

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Martinez is not good enough. Lovely technique but he is just way too slow. It's like watching your gran getting involved at the family bbq.

Bit harsh to say he's not good enough, definitely better than what we have at Chelsea at the moment..

Sad to see how far we've fallen over the years.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

If even Martinez is seen as not good enough for 11th placed Chelsea, it will be nearly impossible to get a "good enough" striker this summer. 

Atalanta one 

38 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Bit harsh to say he's not good enough, definitely better than what we have at Chelsea at the moment..

Sad to see how far we've fallen over the years.

Hes good enough to play in our team now but he's not the calibre of striker to make us a City or Madrid. I'm not aiming for anything less.

3 hours ago, Mário César said:

exactyl

even at the world cup he was only good at penatly shootout

if we're talking about world cup, Mount was hopeless when he was on the pitch for England and as soon as Southgate benched him, they looked like a different team with Foden in the starting XI...

It's always hard to judge players on their world cup performance (e.g. Ziyech for his country and Ziyech for Chelsea is two completely different players)